Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyre inflation kit/ pump

AlexBartlam

Hi all

the other day i decided to check the tyre pressure on my tyres, i have the inflation kit and connected the pump to the 12V and connected it to the valve, i showed it was a little under pressure, so i turned it on without the bottle as its not a puncture thinking it will just inflate,so i turned it on and the guage started to go down so i turned it off and decided not to use it turns out it had let air out, cus i took it to asda and it had taken it down to 25psi. am i doing anything wrong or do you need the bottle on regardless.

You don't need the bottle connected to pump up your tyres, did you have the ignition set to position 2? To provide power for the compressor.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Yh i did the pump turned on and it just went down, checked the connection on the valve was tight and it was, left me scratching my head 

Does it have a little button near the end which connects to the valve? That's designed to let air out so make sure that it's not stuck or anything.

5 hours ago, Pullock said:

Does it have a little button near the end which connects to the valve? That's designed to let air out so make sure that it's not stuck or anything.

Mine is fine and the ford one and use it all the while,as said here there is a little brass valve that you press in to let out air,is this stuck or broke.

Mine is in my car just in case with my spare wheel.

not too sure this was last week, ill have a look when i get home from work today its more than likely this valve pushed in, thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club