Do Not Sell My Personal Information

need help with interior

wellzy

just picked my fiesta van up from the dealers after it spent a week there gettin fixed, i noticed the the rev counter is off by 1500rpm so when it is idleing the counter is saying 0 rpm and then when i accelrate to where about 3000 rpm is, the neddle goes to around 1400-1500 rpm. whats the best way to fix it?

also as well as the rev counter problem one or 2 of the dash lights are no longer working, mainly the headlight light on the dash does no longer come on but i did have a quick look at the fuse box and think there are a few fuses missin by the looks of things.

were they ok before the dealer got it? if so get back to the dealer and give them what for, if this is not the case first check all the fuses, if ok it sounds like it could be an earthing problem.

when i took it to the dealer the interior was fine all workin but the engine was playing up now they have fixed the engine but turns out only the rev counter was the problem (no headlight simbol in the dash cluster) so i don't really see the point in taking it to the dealer as i am a mechnic myself and to me it's a little niggly bit, so i rang a mate of mine in ford who said to move the neddle carefully with my finger until it's just below the 0 then turn on the ignition and the neddle should move onto the 0 start the van and the the neddle should be round the 700rpm and should work fine if not take it back to the dealer and complain. i've just done what he said and it seems to be back to normal now but i will see what happens when i am out tomorrow.

thanks for the advice MINTALKIN.

• 2 months later...

were they ok before the dealer got it? if so get back to the dealer and give them what for, if this is not the case first check all the fuses, if ok it sounds like it could be an earthing problem.

know i brung this up a while ago but i've been to busy to sort it out. it's still playin up could it be they have put to low amp fuse in? all the earths i have found are all tight and the cables are good.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club