Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2005 Ford Focus heater matrix

gibbsy

evening all

So i have the dreaded heater matrix fail.

I have a 2005 ford focus 1.6. This car has the heater matrix that has the joining pipes, 2 black clips a common area for the seals to go, guess what mine isn't the seals!!! its down in the core itself.

I have stripped away the kick plate son the passenger and driver side and i have removed the two big steal plates on either side. Now there are a lot more screws and bolts to remove and i can see im going to need to get my dremmel out and cut away some of the dash to give me some better access but has anybody actually removed the heater matrix this way?

I can see that the heater matrix looks to be enclosed in a big black plastic box, im guessing it has clips on it BUT that to remove all the clips would mean removing that big black plastic box and that is a dash out job, im guessing the plastic box needs to be broken on the drivers side to slide out the heater matrix which is help within, am i right?

So next question then, i can get a heater matrix from ECP for just over £100 or i have seen on eBay that genuine ford focus heater matrix's go for anything from £60 to £150 or i can get one that has been taken out of a Ford focus by a breakers yard, whats the best option?

Also other potential fix is k-seal? the car is only used for trips to the local shops, taking dog for a walk or when my wife has my company car and im not with her, all other times im on my motorbike. K-seal may not be the best long term solution but it would surely get me through winter, Christmas and into the new year when i can then decide to tackle this in spring when its slightly warmer?

Currently i have by-passed the heater matrix in the engine bay.

Any advice muchly appreciated.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club