Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Door Autolock

han_21

Hi

Is there a way I can make my car autolock the doors when driving? I'm currently having to manually do this, and I keep forgetting!

I have a Focus 2015 Titanium with push start.

Thanks! :)

Technically you could do it withElmconfig or Focccus using an ODBII Elm adapter. Though I've been unable to get either to work on my 2.0tdci 2015 T.X. 

It worked fine on my lease 2014 Tit 1.6Tdci though. 

3 hours ago, goldtail77 said:

Technically you could do it withElmconfig or Focccus using an ODBII Elm adapter. Though I've been unable to get either to work on my 2.0tdci 2015 T.X. 

It worked fine on my lease 2014 Tit 1.6Tdci though. 

Elmconfig doesnt work with the MK3.5 if I recall right. Focccus might, but I'm pretty sure that only works for the pre-facelift. You also need the right OBD wires connected to be able to access the other part of the CAN system if you have a cheapy OBD off of eBay. I recommend you use Forscan instead personally with one of their supported devices as there then won't be any soldering or fiddling needed!

• Like 1

ooh ok, so its not something I can do by accessing the menus within the car?

I had seen something online about pressing the lock button a certain number of times, then putting the key in the ignition, then doing something else - I wondered whether there was something similar I could do? (I can't put the key in the ignition and try the suggestion I found because mine's a push start)

2 hours ago, han_21 said:

I had seen something online about pressing the lock button a certain number of times, then putting the key in the ignition, then doing something else - I wondered whether there was something similar I could do? (I can't put the key in the ignition and try the suggestion I found because mine's a push start)

This would have been on the older MK1 Focus. Everything on the MK3.5 is done via the many computers hidden away inside the car, hence the recommendation of Forscan and one of their supported adapters. Its simply connecting it to software, and toggling a menu item, writing it back to the car.

2 hours ago, han_21 said:

Push start, does it not come with a starter handle? There might be a hole in the grill to insert the handles main spindle. 

I have a 500k USB ELM device which apparently will work with Forscan if I do the premium trial. I'll try it and feedback. Though not sure when so please no holding of breath or with holding of food while you wait. 

The old key trick worked on my MK1.5, not sure if anything like that works these days. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club