Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Zetec blue 2008 tdci fuel filter

Cjwithey

Hi. Can anyone tell me which diesal fuel filter I need? Looked on eurocarparts and there is more than one different size. 

Thanks 

what engine size. I would think the 1400 and 1600 engines have different filters.

have you changed one before? I changed it on my 2007 1.6tdci fiesta and it was murder getting the engine to start again afterwards due to air in the pipes. it involved me having to recharge the battery twice and sucking diesel up through the pipes and getting a mouthful of diesel (even though I connected a length of clear pipe so i could see it). 

I had put off changing it for a long time (120k miles before I changed it) but the car had started cutting out when turning left (odd) and fault code said low fuel pressure. Changing the filter fixed it.

It is a 1400 tdci zetec blue. Yeah I read about them being a nightmare, I won't be doing it myself now, local garage can do it for £50 fitted, I'm not that confident in changing them so just going to let them sort it. I am driving from Manchester to top of Scotland on Tuesday so can't risk it haha. 

Thanks for the reply. 

Oh yeah mine keeps coming up with engine fault and going into limp mode. bloke I spoke to said that its usually the fuel filter in these tdci's around that age. fingers fingers crossed it sorts it. 

Had the fuel filter changed. Did bugger all. Same engine system fault displayed when starting up. Garage had it on the diagnostic all afternoon and couldn't find any fault codes. Considering scrapping the thing.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club