Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 focus titanium clutch issues

Manda b

Hi there,

My father and I purchased a focus each through the Privilege scheme.

My car has been fine, my fathers however has not. At just under 300 miles his clutched failed, he called rac, they bled the clutch and got it going again but advised him to take it to a local dealer to be checked. He did this, they had the car for a few hours and said they couldn't find a reason for it. Not 2 weeks later he has the exact same issue at just over 500 miles. Again the clutch was bled and he was advised by the tax man to take it to another dealership who He took it and was told he had to wait until 01st Dec for the car to be looked at and a courtesy car. They did say if it happens again he's to refuse road side repair so it's towed to them then they can hire him a car and look at it sooner.

firstly, is this a known issue?

secondly, what's the chances they will blame driver error & get away with it?

thirdly, are there any sales regulations that would come into play with having only picked the car up on the 8th October.

If anyone can offer any advice we would be very grateful, my fathers in his 70's and any stress like this sends him bonkers, hence why I have tried to take this over for him.

Many thanks

Amanda 

its a new car so wear and tear isn't an excuse in this case....clutches are hydraulic so failure can only be down to a hydraulic issue is air getting into the brake fluid resevoir as they're fed off the same system or a leak on one of the parts such as the slave cylinder being faulty and having a small leak even if ure dad rode the clutch it wouldn't cause these issues ...is it common I don't know I turned my back on fords and haven't regretted that decision so the regulars will have more info than I would

• Like 1

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I feel more confident about tomorrow's conversation now.

Read up on the Consumer Rights Act (2015) so you know where you stand with this issue.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

Remember, forewarned is forearmed.

Know your rights, stand your ground and don't let them fob you off.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

I've been all around the houses today. Ford customer service have been no help whatsoever! 

The latest advice (from a dealership) was to contact Ford assist and asked to be towed in as we feel the car is dangerous to drive, that way they will have to inspect the car and provide a courtesy vehicle. We are waiting for the AA now. 

Im ready to quote the information you kindly sent me and yes, forewarned is certainly forearmed.

I will keep you informed. Thanks again 

• Like 2

sadly ford customer service is not the best once you've bought it they don't really care .ford could take a tip from Kia there customer service is excellent my remote fob broke under ford they would told me go to the dealer the dealer said new key and coding £280 Kia said and I quote we are very sorry to hear you're remote fob has an issue we have arranged to send a replacement to you're local dealer the key will take 3 days to arrive.once you're dealer has the key they will arrange to get the car in a new blade will be cut (nothing wrong with the blade) and a new remote fob will be coded to the car please take the broken fob with you this process will take 10-20 mins and is free of charge as you're key and fob are covered by our 7 year warranty we apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I hope you get better service than most but stand you're ground as frustrating as it will become

• Like 1

They could certainly take a leaf out of many other manufacturers books. What a lovely experience you had, I really wished I could say the same. 

its already become extremely frustrating, I've spent all day trying to sort this out.

The car was taken to the same dealership that it went to the first time the clutch failed, they arranged a courtesy car which took a couple of hours and within 10 minutes of my dad getting back they called to say they had bled the clutch again ( this is the third time, the last time only being last Thursday!) and the car was ready to collect. 

I'm assuming either they found a fault that was easily rectified and shouldn't have missed previously or we are being fobbed off again.

I am going to go with my dad tomorrow to collect the car and see what they say. I will be mentioning the Consumer Rights Act as this is the second time they have tried to repair the car.

I will persevere and ensure my dad is driving a safe and reliable car.

I really appreciate everyone's input.

Amanda 

• Like 1

with a hydraulic clutch unless there's an issue you shouldn't need to keep bleeding it if airs in the system then its getting in somehow through a faulty seal or a leak ide be asking if there's air in the system and why they feel the need to keep bleeding it also if the brake fluid level has decreased if it has its going somewhere the clutch slave cylinder is fed via the brake fluid if its dropped it can indicate a leaking cylinder .on my mk1 I had a new ford clutch kit fitted and the cylinder went after 30 miles so it can hapoen  if they haven't found a problem irs time to get the gearbox out check the clutch and slave cylinder etc.if you're unhappy you can reject the car

• Like 1

Hopefully the fix is permanent.

If not then stick to your guns and don't let them fob you off.

You have legal rights and they can't deny you them.

Can we ask which dealership it is?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club