Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK3 Cruise Control wont resume

Gamu

Hi folks,

Got a problem with my 2013 Titanium Ecoboost.  When I'm using Cruise Control and I press the CAN/RES paddle behind the CC activation button, normally it goes into standby and puts a line through the set speed on the display.  Now when I press the CAN/RES paddle it completely clears the set speed and turns off the CC. When I brake the CC goes into standby but again when I try to resume it just switches off.  I'm able to adjust my CC speed with the + and - buttons fine.

I have ran the self test diagnostics by holding down the OK button, pressing Start and I get the following DTC codes:

C073_88

C140_00

C121_00

C131_00

C151_00

I'm not sure if these are related to the issue or something else.

I read somewhere that if you spray contact cleaner into the CC switch assembly that might help so will try that later tonight, I just wanted to see if anyone had any insight to this.

Cheers

Looks like I have you stumped, surely there must be someone who knows about this kind of stuff?

sounds like a resistance change in the can/res button which is replicating the restance of the off action of cruise

try givingbthe switch a clean if you can get to back of buttons.

10 hours ago, iantt said:

sounds like a resistance change in the can/res button which is replicating the restance of the off action of cruise

Do you know how I would correct this?

10 hours ago, iantt said:

try givingbthe switch a clean if you can get to back of buttons.

I gave the switch assembly a blast of contact cleaner after work today and kept activating/deactivating CC but no luck.  Is it easy to remove the assembly and clean it properly?

You need to remove the drivers airbag to get at switch, unfortunately even then the switch doesn't appear to come apart to get any spray in, will be worth disconnecting the connector off switch and cleaning the contacts though. Other than that it may need a new switch.

Ok thanks for that, I have been looking at the retrofit guide so I should be able to get to the switch using that method.

Thanks for your time.

looks like you could possibly  dismantle the switch, 3 clips holding the toggle part of switch togetther

IMG_20161117_190816217.jpg

IMG_20161117_190708826.jpg

IMG_20161117_190736765.jpg

IMG_20161117_190758923.jpg

• Like 1

Ever the helpful, actually I have taken bits off before so members can see modules or wiring connectors. Or bits of trim .

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, iantt said:

Ever the helpful, actually I have taken bits off before so members can see modules or wiring connectors. Or bits of trim .

Top man. Its people like you with that sort of attitude and years of knowledge that make these forums great!:yes:

• Like 1

and a garage with a few spares, the switches were not off my car . lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, iantt said:

and a garage with a few spares, the switches were not off my car . lol

Ha ha. I take it all back!:laugh:

no, no you dont have too. damn, ive let my secret out now.lol

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Hi  guys, I’ve just started having the same problem, have you got any updates on the switch and fixing it please? Cheers 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club