Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Black Parking Sensors :(

Fraser12

Hey All

Brand new member, I have a new zetec s in white with rear parking sensors. However the actual sensors themselves are black and it takes away from the look of the car. I am weary of painting them incase they stop working.

I have seen White Focus' & Mondeo's driving about with white sensors as apposed to black ones so I must be able to get them somewhere.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get white ones or get them whitenend ????

I cant get the pictures of the car uploaded as the file is too big or else i would show you how bad it looks

HELP PLEASE

Thanks in advance

Fraser

Hi Fraser,

How long have you had the car?

I would take it back to the garage and complain if you've just recently picked it up.

If you've had it a while, it may be more difficult.

Are the sensors painted black or just exposed black plastic (or whatever material they're made from)?

If they are painted black, its a fair assumption they were meant for a black car.

If they are just black plastic they will probably not be car colour specific.

Were the sensors retro fitted at the dealers or a factory fit option?

If they come out the factory like this, thats really quite rubbish.

If they were fitted at the dealers that could explain the lack of colour coding.

Not sure if it says "colour coded" anywhere in the Fiesta brochure but every Focus (ST) i've seen in Frozen White (and thats a few) has white sensors.

Dave.

They sound like sensors from the factory as they come unpainted they do spoil the car and we dont understand why they do this and there is no option for them to be coloured at factory.

We try to make sure customers know this when ordering and some people then decided to get sensors fitted at our place once the car lands because we colour them to match the car.

They come out the factory like this, cost cutting i suppose. You could get them painted or fit colour-coded sensors from a focus.

Even if painted, the will still look lousy, just because they have this largely cover ring <_<

wcs46wfy.jpg

That´s why I didn´t order them. Instead I mounted myself a PDC from Waeco :D

(Only fitted in the diffusor but it still covers all I don´t see in the side mirrors)

a5xfccma.jpg

8ha3l85g.jpg

Dave

Thanks for getting back to me :)

I got the car in March

The sensors are just exposed black plastic, they were a factory fitted option costing £350 !!!

However, I got the car at Arnold Clark Ford and I took the car to a normal Ford dealer and they told me they werent factory fitted but they were.

You think they would work if I primed the plastic then got a small tub of Frozen White out of Halfords ?

Cheers

Fraser

adzmcp

So you reckon I could get them painted somehwere

I would just be weary incase they never worked

Cheers

Fraser

You can paint sensors but only very thinly, too much paint and it will have an affect on the sensor. :unsure:

Can I suggest you buy a can of touch up paint in your colour, spray paint into the lid or something suitable and use a small brush to thinly colour the sensors. Maybe give them a second coat later.

For anyone considering fitting an after market kit (which are very easy) you can now find coloured sensors available – here’s a link to one such company

http://www.parkingsensors.co.uk/index.asp

HTH

Cyb

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club