Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

MarkyB75

radio/cassette to cd/radio change

4 posts in this topic

hi i have a 1996 fiesta 1.3, it currently has a ford 3000 radio/cassette. does anybody know if i can do a straight swap to a ford 6000 cd/radio or do i need anything extra? cheers

hi i have a 1996 fiesta 1.3, it currently has a ford 3000 radio/cassette. does anybody know if i can do a straight swap to a ford 6000 cd/radio or do i need anything extra? cheers

You might need a radio code.. but apart from that i think everythin is all the same..

need 2 double check as im not 100% sure!

hi, with it being ford to ford you shouldn't need to change it really, you only really need to change it if its from a standard ford radio in the car to a after market radio, if you're doing that then you need to buy a harness adapter

yes just done it on my daughters 98 model fiesta. dont forget the radio code. you need either the radio removal prongers or four bits of welding rod or a chopped up wire coat hanger. The unit are swapped by cable only. DD din size. you should have no problem at all.