Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Oil (ST)

Tom1994

Need some advice, my car is due for an oil change (2013 ST) and I am considering a few options;

Option 1: Local Garage - They have given me a price of £90+VAT for a service, this would mean I keep the FSH on the car (37000 miles) but it isn't Dealership so is the FSH so important?  I will be saving all my receipts for when I change my fluids so it will be recorded.

Option 2: DIY - The recommended oil for my car is Castrol Magnetec which at the moment the cheapest I can find it is £48 in total for 6 litres (I need 5.7)

Option 3: DIY - I have got a price for Comma oil which is £34.11 for 6 litres which would save me over £10

Question is, is FSH worth keeping for when I eventually sell it (not in the near future) or is it enough that the fact I keep all my receipts as proof of servicing?  I'm not factoring my own time in as I have plenty and enjoy working on my car, even mundane tasks like this.  Alternatively, if I do DIY should I stick to the recommended brand for the sake of £15?

Thanks in advance

Asda have an offer on Castrol oils at the moment, £21 for 4 litres although you'd have to buy 2, as for FSH I guess it would be worth it for you if you have plans to sell and want the most, personally I don't care for a service history but a LOT of people do.

Stick with the recommended oil

4 hours ago, Tom1994 said:

Option 3: DIY - I have got a price for Comma Oil which is £34.11 for 6 litres which would save me over £10

comma oil is who makes Halfords own brand 4ltrs £15 at the moment so you can save even more :smile:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club