Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paint came off help

Patrico777
聽Share

4 minutes ago, Patrico777 said:

Ok I will do it tomorrow I will get this brush from hobbycraft and then I will follow instructions from that halfords kit

Hopefully I can manage it ! 馃 Should I peel off that paint that is around the chip?? There. Are like kind of small air bubbles around the chip?

IMG_6388.JPG

Some marks there matey聽:sad:聽Don't try and peel the paint off as you'll only make matters worse.

Remove the impacted lifted paint by the use of a craft knife - scalpel type knife will slice out the bad stuff.

14 minutes ago, Ian Lanc said:

Some marks there matey聽:sad:聽Don't try and peel the paint off as you'll only make matters worse.

Remove the impacted lifted paint by the use of a craft knife - scalpel type knife will slice out the bad stuff.

Its dirt the other stuff around chip im not sure 聽what you mean by removing lifted paint聽

ive just paid 拢130 cash for my focus rear bumper to get resprayed so im sure your fix is around a 拢50 cash job from your local body repair shop inbetween there daily works your car looks like a nice clean fiesta so if you dont have any knowledge of this type of repair dont spoil its look by bodging it mate you dont own an old banger you own a 2kish car treat it well mate

2 minutes ago, thecarpman said:

ive just paid 拢130 cash for my focus rear bumper to get resprayed so im sure your fix is around a 拢50 cash job from your local body repair shop inbetween there daily works your car looks like a nice clean fiesta so if you dont have any knowledge of this type of repair dont spoil its look by bodging it mate you dont own an old banger you own a 2kish car treat it well mate

Yeah I will go to bodyshop and ask them what can they do if its around that area I will deffo give it to some professionals rather than me making it worse 聽hopefully wont be that expenssive as I called one chip company they wanted 拢125+vat

thats it mate just go in there and chat them up by asking for there help and make it clear that you know its not a 拢125+vat job its a job that if the cars left with them for 1 or 2 days for them to work on inbetween jobs would they be able to treat you fairly and do a cash job

40 minutes ago, thecarpman said:

thats it mate just go in there and chat them up by asking for there help and make it clear that you know its not a 拢125+vat job its a job that if the cars left with them for 1 or 2 days for them to work on inbetween jobs would they be able to treat you fairly and do a cash job

This was some mobile chip company I will run around body shops tomorrow and see how much they ask

Ok I got the kit but its quite difficult for me to understand lol as english is my second language :)聽

image.jpg

image.jpg

Just clean it get all loose paint off carefully then paint on paint little bit at a time every half hour or so until u have filled in chips then leave dry then tomorrow apply laquer . Look at it this way if it's looks crap at least it's sealed from weather and u can always go body shop after u can't loose really

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club