Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta USB 16GB Drives not recognised

Rich_F21316

My 2013 Fiesta refuses to recognise my  16gb USB sticks. all worked fine until I replaced one and then the new one would only play intermittently. it progressively got worse to the point it just said it was unrecognised or no UBS drive was inserted.  I switched back to the old stick and the car won't recognise that one either! Strangely, a 1gb card works fine. Since all this happened, my steering wheel controller  has started playing up and i'm wondering if these bugs could be related? I have removed the fuse, disconnected the BT module and reconnected it to try and reset the unit but all my attempts have failed. Ford tell me it'll cost over £100 to book it in for them to look at it and thats before they've spent any time working on it! It's been back once while it was under warranty to have the steering controls fixed after the volume became unresponsive so I'm reluctant to take it back there again. does anyone know of a DIY way of Factory resetting the head unit or booting it back into life?

thanks

fiesta.jpg

What format are the usb drives? Have you plugged them into your computer/laptop and then run the chkdsk utility?

You may find that USB drives in certain formats (NTFS/exFAT) may not be readable, but FAT32 should be ok.

• Like 1

I'm using a 32GB drive without issue. As above, see how it's formatted 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club