Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Swapping electric window switches ?

Ian Lanc

On the Titanium there's a 'one touch' switch for the driver-side window! This is built in the two switch box, Has anyone removed the standard switch off the passenger-side and then put the 'one touch' switch onto the passenger-side window ? Can this be done ?

There is likely more to one-touch operation than just the switch - something needs to detect the window having closed to turn itself off.

That's not to say replacing the switch wouldn't be all that's required though; the wiring and whatever module is responsible might already be there ready and waiting.

Incidentally, is the passenger side switch definitely not one-touch also? I only ask because our Titanium (admittedly a 2013 model) has one-touch on both sides.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, MJNewton said:

Incidentally, is the passenger side switch definitely not one-touch also? I only ask because our Titanium (admittedly a 2013 model) has one-touch on both sides.

Ours is a 10 plate, tried numerous times to make it work as the drivers-side does but won't!

When you say  that you have tried to make it work are you following the resetting procedure?

22 hours ago, karl46 said:

When you say  that you have tried to make it work are you following the resetting procedure?

Yeh I did the resetting procedure but alas the passenger-side only goes up & down by pressing the button constantly.....Seems stupid if you ask me! :rolleyes:

I have a 2011 Zetec S and only works on Drivers side, i think this is normal as the Passenger switch only has one click down or up whereas the drivers side has two, first for manual and all the way down or up for auto

Thats how i believe it works

Chris

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club