Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCI

Jan187

Hi I am new to this forum but am at my wits end as to the problem with my fiesta. Its a 53 plate 1.4 TDCi but for the last few months the fiesta has had difficulty starting and its not the same problems as previous posts as i have read all of them and none of them apply.

This is my story, well the handbrake cable snapped and when this was replaced the car was on a jack, once the car was returned back to ground it failed to start. We then primed the engine and it started but ever since then the car has failed to start no matter how many times we turn the iginition key. The engine has to be primed by hand and then it starts, but last week the car failed to start no matter how much the engine is primed and the pump never goes hard. When i look at the pipes transferring the fuel the fuel just seems to seep back and contains a lot of air bubbles.

We spoke to Ford who said its the rear pump as when the car is started there is no humming noise, however the pump for the diesel, does not have a pump mechanism in it, it just has two pipes and 2 cables, i think one green and one black, it looks like a float/ sender unit. We were then told also at the same time that it could be the fuel pressue pump in the engine as well but they would have to look at this also and this would cost £620.00 to replace.

This fiesta has been amazing, it has never broken down prior to this and now it just wont get going. Please can anyone help and any help is very much appreciated.

could you have damaged or squashed the fuel line with the jack, if theres air in the system it must be getting in someware causing a lack of pressure.

The fuel lines have been checked and when car was jacked up it was done at the designated points of the car. In regards to air getting in, All lines have been checked and nothing. Still lost and so any help is appreciated.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club