Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Esp light on

welsh-gaz83

Hi anyone know why the esp light has came on I was going uphill and it went in limp mode so I turned engine off and back on and it was fine could it be with the road being slippery or just something stupid like sensor or something I did try it on my obd but no code was found cheers 

Probably a fault triggered it, especially if it went in to limp mode.

I'd get a code reader/Forscan on it ASAP.

1 hour ago, welsh-gaz83 said:

Hi anyone know why the esp light has came on I was going uphill and it went in limp mode so I turned engine off and back on and it was fine could it be with the road being slippery or just something stupid like sensor or something I did try it on my obd but no code was found cheers 

What age,model is it?  Wondering if it's the same as mine which is an 09 plate Zetec S 

Its a 2007 2.0 tdci I just checked it with another obd and its saying p2263 turbo charger fault i don't think its a pipe with a hole as there is no smoke and no loss of power 

If it's road slippy you will see your traction control lights come on dash, my ESP stopped working while back thought was fault or fuse left it for day and tried again n been fine since dunno what problem was.

never got it scanned as been fine since

Traction control wouldn't trigger limp mode.

Sounds like it has got a problem with the turbo or related parts that needs further investigation.

This might be useful:

https://www.obd-codes.com/p2263

I don't think its the turbo I can hear it making noises and its still got power 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club