Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Has anyone had the same problem with rear lights?

Sam101

Really pleased with my new Fiesta Zetec (Mk7), however I have noticed a common problem, the rear back lights are not flush to the bodywork. The top half lies flush but further down I can actually get my fingers under and in between the gap! Only noticed whilst cleaning it.

It has gone back to the dealer since I bought it (for this and a few other problems to be sorted out), but I was informed, this was the norm!!! They couldn’t do anything about it at present but the dealer would speak to ‘head office’ I’m not happy!

Has anyone experienced the same problem. I have inspected other Fiestas (having got some strange looks) and noticed that from the rear the right is always worse than the left (on most cars).

I did notice someone here mention this problem something ago and commented upon a leaking boot, however no one seemed to respond to the query. So I’m none the wiser.

Would be interested to know if it is a common occurrence and whether anyone has had any luck with having it fixed.

Sam

Really pleased with my new Fiesta Zetec (Mk7), however I have noticed a common problem, the rear back lights are not flush to the bodywork. The top half lies flush but further down I can actually get my fingers under and in between the gap! Only noticed whilst cleaning it.

It has gone back to the dealer since I bought it (for this and a few other problems to be sorted out), but I was informed, this was the norm!!! They couldn’t do anything about it at present but the dealer would speak to ‘head office’ I’m not happy!

Has anyone experienced the same problem. I have inspected other Fiestas (having got some strange looks) and noticed that from the rear the right is always worse than the left (on most cars).

I did notice someone here mention this problem something ago and commented upon a leaking boot, however no one seemed to respond to the query. So I’m none the wiser.

Would be interested to know if it is a common occurrence and whether anyone has had any luck with having it fixed.

Sam

I have an 09 Titanium, and I can tell you that I don't think its a common problem. The reason for this is that my rear lights are 100% beautiful and perfect.

Can't say i've noticed on mine but i'm tempted to go and investigate - i also remember someone else asking about this so it's clearly not an isolated problem

Maybe there are adjuster nutss inside that affect how much they stick out?

Well, if you are after perfect gaps, I am sorry to tell ya: You obviously bought the wrong car

But rest assured, the new Polo struggles with the same problem :P

I think the people who had water leaking into their cars seemed to have the same gap. I don't whether having the gap means water will leak, or whether there is something else in it.

Can't say i've noticed on mine but i'm tempted to go and investigate - i also remember someone else asking about this so it's clearly not an isolated problem

Maybe there are adjuster nutss inside that affect how much they stick out?

Thanks for the reply.

Have had a look at possible adjustments that I could make but it doesn’t appear so. Will need to give dealer another call. Shouldn’t have to tho’ it’s an obvious fault in the manufacture or design!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club