Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync Bluetooth connection problem

KilpAr

Hi,

I have an Android phone that has been previously successfully connected to Sync. So no, this is not a brand new phone. Yes, Sync has had a connection to this phone before. It suddenly stopped connecting. As attached is the situation of pictures where I'm stuck.

Basically everything is working but Sync informs me of a code that I can't change. On either end. I find Sync, but the codes doesn't match. Android (Huawei Honor 8) gives two options: Connect or cancel. No option to change the code. I don't find that option from Sync either.

Things tried so far

1) Turned off Android bluetooth

2) Turned off Sync bluetooth

3) Restarted Android

4) Restarted Sync

5) Restarted car

6) Deleted Android from Sync

7) Deleted Sync from Android

8) Reseted defaults to Sync

9) Done Master Reset to Sync

The next I'm going to do is a factory reset to Android, but do you have any other suggestions before I do that because it sounds like an overkill to me.

sync.jpg

huawei.png

edit. Well obviously could try with another phone too. Here's the result:

pamelabluetooth.jpg

Try pulling the fuse of SYNC while the car is off, then putting it back in and restarting the car. I found this fully cleaned up SYNC and fixed issues I was having.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, lwatson99 said:

Try pulling the fuse of SYNC while the car is off, then putting it back in and restarting the car. I found this fully cleaned up SYNC and fixed issues I was having.

I saw this on YouTube and wondered if this applies to this kind of issue. Well, if you feel it really could, then sure, I'll give it a try.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lwatson99 said:

You know what? That fixed it. Thanks :)

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club