Do Not Sell My Personal Information

knocking from rear of car

weejoe

HI

I recently had to replace the spring and top mount on my 1.8 at the front and now there appears to be a knocking noise coming from the rear of the car. I have tried opening the boot and pressing down on rear of car while a friend looked underneath and at the rear wheel to see if anything was loose or anything but nothing appears to be loose. I have recently had to replace one of the roll bar mounts for the mot. Could it be the other one deteriated due to the salt,snow etc or could it be anything else causing the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

HI

I recently had to replace the spring and top mount on my 1.8 at the front and now there appears to be a knocking noise coming from the rear of the car. I have tried opening the boot and pressing down on rear of car while a friend looked underneath and at the rear wheel to see if anything was loose or anything but nothing appears to be loose. I have recently had to replace one of the roll bar mounts for the mot. Could it be the other one deteriated due to the salt,snow etc or could it be anything else causing the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

could be may things an exhaust rubber gone bad wigle it side to side and up and down to see if it knocks could also be a heat shield thats loose couled be the other roll bar mount without being there and hearing it it is difficult to say check the exhaust and heat shields first particularly around the back box area then look at the suspension if its not any of those things

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club