Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Damaged bonnet - paint or wrap?

Simon_K

Hi everyone. 

My Focus has a couple of large paint cracks in its bonnet. They were there when I bought it, somehow I missed them, I think they were loaded with polish, however I’d like to get it sorted. 

Trying to decide on whoever to have the bonnet resprayed or have it wrapped.

Paint would look standard, but may cost more.  I’m also not afraid of mods. 

A wrap (gloss carbon I would imagine) would be quickest and possibly cheapest to have done, and I could probably fill / level the damage myself well enough before getting it wrapped. But would a carbon bonnet look “chavvy” for a 45 year old? Is there a vinyl that would match the original paint?

The car is a 10 year old facelift estate in panther black, but as said earlier I am making some modifications to it. There are some other chips around the body but the bonnet is the worst area. 

Any opinions?

Thanks. 

7C977195-816D-43BC-B5C9-1AB5CE0922AB.jpeg

Personally I'd paint it, there will be a fair amount of prep work to get the wrap sitting well, a wrap can make small imperfection look huge, though gloss carbon may hide some blemishes, and if your going to that amount of work you may as well paint.

Others may disagree, cost will come into it.

Thanks, I’m edging towards paint as it’ll look stock. The only concern is having s pristine bonnet while the rest of the car has “age related blemishes”. 

I do need to see a body shop to get a few things painted so I’ll get a quote for this at the same time. 

i would get it re sprayed like above even if you do a good job of prepping the surface even a small step between the paint and the prepped surface will show.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club