Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Prefacelift Sync 2 8" touchscreen upgrade, How to guide with pics!!!

Luke_Anderson

Well if the USB doesn't work then there's a problem with the cable as (I believe) the wires from the media hub are for the sd card slot and jack socket only?

Could be wrong. Coincidence that none of the hub is working...

Have you got the 2 port hub? Make sure it’s in the right one 👍🏻👍🏻

That's a point. There's a grey and a black usb connector in the back of the hub. One is for a second usb in the dash in the facelift models. Try plugging your cable in the other socket as Luke suggests. You may have to trim the plug for it to fit.

42 minutes ago, Phil21185 said:

That's a point. There's a grey and a black usb connector in the back of the hub. One is for a second usb in the dash in the facelift models. Try plugging your cable in the other socket as Luke suggests. You may have to trim the plug for it to fit.

Cheers guy's will give it a try at the weekend 👍

• 2 weeks later...

Update Guys

99% working  checked all wiring all good usb and satnav working (as usb cable was not fully pushed home) just got 1 problem  when using the voice control the sound only comes from right Speakers and also when playing music from a usb stick ...  RADIO DAB CD all works through all speakers 

Anyone come across this ?

Thanks in advance

Terry 

That is an odd one, can’t say I’ve come across that. What system did you upgrade from? 

I know the early mk3 still worked off the bt/vc modules but if you’ve upgrade from sync 1 then I really don’t know to be honest 

On 7/25/2018 at 11:27 AM, Tezza said:

Update Guys

99% working  checked all wiring all good usb and satnav working (as usb cable was not fully pushed home) just got 1 problem  when using the voice control the sound only comes from right speakers and also when playing music from a usb stick ...  RADIO DAB CD all works through all speakers 

Anyone come across this ?

Thanks in advance

Terry 

Theres a couple of bits in the apim config (which I've returned to slowly fathoming...) which affect sound settings.  the very first bit of the first block in 7D0-01-01 is whether the sony sound processor is present.  This should probably be 0 (it affects whether Sirius is available, AAM and RSEM as well but I don't think you'll have these).  If it is enabled (8 or higher), that can screw around with the sound settings - bass, mid and treb sound stop responding properly.  Could be a cause.

If the second bit of the second block in 01-01, ie xxxx x*xx xxxx is set to a particular value, it is possible to have different bass/mid/treb settings for different sound sources. not sure if this would affect BT/VC though and I think fade and balance are still universal in this case anyway.

[[[[EDIT: Yes, I know that technically they are not bits as a bit is 1/8th of a byte, or one digit from a binary byte of 8 digits. I suppose as each hex value can be 0-F (0-16) and an 8-bit-binary-byte can hold a value of up to 255, each hex value is 1/16th of a byte, technically a "nibble".  We'll just stick with "bit" for now! 

Bit of computer 101 for the unfamiliar, but explains the terms 8-bit, 16-bit etc when referring to, eg. video games consoles.  The largest number that could be held in one byte in the memory of the Sega Master System was 255.  The Mega Drive was 16-bit, therefore 16 1's and 0's per byte (technically a two-byte "word" - a byte always has 8 bits, anything larger is just an "integer"), maximum value was 65535.  64-bit OS's can handle values of up to 9,223,372,036,854,775,807. So don't buy a hard drive bigger than 8.19 Petabytes lol!

Phil 

I found the problem and was nothing to do with the settings one of the pins on the APIM was being pushed out of the connector so now 100% working 

Thanks for yours and Luke's help on this  my mate's one happy Chappy 

Tezza

Does anybody know if this is possible on a 2013 prefacelift non-sync system?  It's the very basic audio which doesn't even have an AUX line in.  Just USB.

Cheers!

@fordification I can only confirm it is possible as i have seen one on one foreign forum - the very basic radio to SYNC2.

• Thanks 1

Anything is possible but obviously you will have a bit more to add, voice control button, bluetooth mic etc 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/10/2018 at 8:57 AM, Luke_Anderson said:

Thanks! If anyone has any questions I’m more than happy to help! 

It took me 10 hours to do but that was with some figuring out along the way, I reckon if I was to do it again I could do it in half the time. The longest I stumbled for was because once all way connected the voice control feedback and Bluetooth calls couldn’t be heard, I took about an hour for me to figure that was down to programming and not anything I’d done wrong 😂 I’ve been driving with it for a couple of days now and I can honestly say it’s well worth the effort! The difference is night and day 👍🏻👍🏻

Hi am thinking of doing this I have the touch screen the sat nav/CD I also got the 8 inch bezel and heater controls from a 2016 focus St .I don't have the wiring loom can you tell me do I need the loom from a st model I've seen 1 on line with the usb control will the new loom fit my sync control unit thanks

As long as it’s the right one for the media hub then it should be fine 👍🏻👍🏻

• 4 weeks later...

For those who want the door lock switch back i bought these

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3X-Miniature-push-button-small-switches-momentary-action-solder-tag-push-switch/311784190749?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

All you need to do is add 2 wires to the switch and splice them into the front fascia panel  pins  6 (brown wire) pin 7 (black and white) drill a hole in the lower trim panel and you have your door locking back 🙂 

door lock switch.jpg

• Like 2

how much did you cut the facia. Ive been Cutting and Cutting and still Wont fit... 

On 9/6/2018 at 8:07 PM, Tezza said:

For those who want the door lock switch back i bought these

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3X-Miniature-push-button-small-switches-momentary-action-solder-tag-push-switch/311784190749?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

All you need to do is add 2 wires to the switch and splice them into the front fascia panel  pins  6 (brown wire) pin 7 (black and white) drill a hole in the lower trim panel and you have your door locking back 🙂 

door lock switch.jpg

Perfect! I was gonna try and get a facelift door card and do it , this is much easier 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

13 hours ago, MUMA said:

how much did you cut the facia. Ive been Cutting and Cutting and still Wont fit... 

You cut a fair bit off but remember it’s only the bottom ledge, make sure you leave enough material to put the cover on after 👍🏻

• Thanks 1

Hello, Does anyone have rear view camera? I have upgraded to SYNC 3 But I now don’t have the little car with sensors? 

I do, I can’t remember which bit you Change in the As built to get them back off the top of my head, I’m pretty sure it’s been covered here though, just might have to read back a few pages 

On 9/18/2018 at 3:26 PM, MUMA said:

Hello, Does anyone have rear view camera? I have upgraded to SYNC 3 But I now don’t have the little car with sensors? 

need change some number in  forescan.

6 minutes ago, mastachaz said:

need change some number in  forescan.

Do you know which? And Camera is not OEM btw

15 hours ago, Luke_Anderson said:

I do, I can’t remember which bit you Change in the As built to get them back off the top of my head, I’m pretty sure it’s been covered here though, just might have to read back a few pages 

Camera is not oem btw. Don’t know if that’s has something to say. My friend have a mk3,5 and have installed the same not OEM camera in his and he got the little car with sensors. So I should also be able to do it right?