Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ford focus 1.8 tdci 2008

paul112004

hello sorry if in wrong department but wonder if anyone could help my mum has a ford focus 1.8 durotorque 2008 car and recently a code keeps coming up 

p0380-68 glowplug circuit so i know these need changing and will do soon but in a garage as they pain i been told and broke my own once so not risking doing it myself.

the others are 

p0299 turbo under boost

p010f-b1 +p010f-e +p010f-p no idea why each time has different letter but its for mass volume airflow 

these come up when my mum puts her footdown or has been driving for few minutes i clear them and only glowplug comes back up again but once she drives the p010f comes back up then engine systems fault she switches engine off then back on and engine fault goes away till she drives again

1001929090_driving1.thumb.jpg.1f2d5600665059804d365dde9a62d62c.jpgdriving.thumb.jpg.69d7b2a6c9293fbdf6aba786f8128d1b.jpg

we plugged my diagnostics into it and drove it live data recording and only p010f comes up so im guessing its just the map sensor needs changing????

the turbo one has not come back up yet since i cleaned sensors and checked pipes 

have yet to check turbo as no idea where it is as not at front where mine was so check that tomorrow

can anybody tell me if im right that the map or maf?? needs changing and then it should be ok as she has no power loss no oil being used no smoke no noise from turbo ect so im pretty sure turbo is ok and its just the sensor not working correctly so eventually it comes up that code

i did record it all driving but i cant upload it as it dont recognise the format but copied to paint attatched if any good they are at the moment the code comes up

both are from stop to driving then switching of after codes come up then repeated

prob dont make sense but hope someone can help so i can sort her car out and hopefully catch but before it gets worse.

any ideas or what to check voltage ect

thanks paul

On 5/18/2018 at 6:34 PM, paul112004 said:

hello sorry if in wrong department but wonder if anyone could help my mum has a ford focus 1.8 durotorque 2008 car and recently a code keeps coming up 

p0380-68 glowplug circuit so i know these need changing and will do soon but in a garage as they pain i been told and broke my own once so not risking doing it myself.

the others are 

p0299 turbo under boost

p010f-b1 +p010f-e +p010f-p no idea why each time has different letter but its for mass volume airflow 

these come up when my mum puts her footdown or has been driving for few minutes i clear them and only glowplug comes back up again but once she drives the p010f comes back up then engine systems fault she switches engine off then back on and engine fault goes away till she drives again

1001929090_driving1.thumb.jpg.1f2d5600665059804d365dde9a62d62c.jpgdriving.thumb.jpg.69d7b2a6c9293fbdf6aba786f8128d1b.jpg

we plugged my diagnostics into it and drove it live data recording and only p010f comes up so im guessing its just the map sensor needs changing????

the turbo one has not come back up yet since i cleaned sensors and checked pipes 

have yet to check turbo as no idea where it is as not at front where mine was so check that tomorrow

can anybody tell me if im right that the map or maf?? needs changing and then it should be ok as she has no power loss no oil being used no smoke no noise from turbo ect so im pretty sure turbo is ok and its just the sensor not working correctly so eventually it comes up that code

i did record it all driving but i cant upload it as it dont recognise the format but copied to paint attatched if any good they are at the moment the code comes up

both are from stop to driving then switching of after codes come up then repeated

prob dont make sense but hope someone can help so i can sort her car out and hopefully catch but before it gets worse.

any ideas or what to check voltage ect

thanks paul

Turbo is half way down the back of the engine and requires removal of quite a few parts to actually remove.

Regarding the MAP/MAF, are you sure that there aren't any boost leaks?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club