Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync3 Climate controls reversed

theroninhunter

1 hour ago, Phil21185 said:

Well to be honest I only enabled the repeater as I like seeing more gadgets and gizmos! I don't use it and more often than not, the climate is on single anyway.

Quick question, do you have nav on yours and if so, is the repeater in the main cluster out by a factor of 256?!

When the 8" says there's a mile to go to the next turning, the cluster says 256. It's almost as if the APIM is sending the data to the cluster but transposed one byte to the right! (Or left, depending on Fords significant bit policy lol)

I've not noticed tbh, Assuming "Cluster" is the little LCD between the odometers.

Can UK sync screens be enabled to control climate or is a physical connection missing?

Also what's this about single and dual mode? Can this be done on mine?

I do have dual controls just not via Sync.

Jeez just figured the dual and single mode by holding auto. Didn't realise this.

Yes I mean in the dash gauges.

If you turn the passenger temp dial it will unlink from the driver's temp.

Yes they can be configured using forscan and modifying the APIM data, but as we are discovering there appears to be a bug with it...

Wonder why they feel we in UK don't want it in sync screen so disable it.

If i asked a Ford dealer to enable it. Would they entertain it?

17 minutes ago, gillyallan said:

Depends on the garage, mine didn't want to touch APIM data with a barge pole.

1 hour ago, gillyallan said:

Easy to do with an ELM cable and Forscan...

So original poster and others who have noticed this issue. Did your cars come with climate enabled or did you enable yourself. If its yourself. Do you think this is why it was disabled from Ford as they knew there was an issue with right hand drives.

In my case I upgraded to Sync 3. I'm hoping to get some time to play in the car tonight and see what's what 🙂

i think only people with sync 3 upgarde have this problem rest of them dont have it on screen.

so as I suggested it sounds like a bug ford never fixed on RHD cars so turned off the display as they are lazy?

so as I suggested it sounds like a bug ford never fixed on RHD cars so turned off the display as they are lazy?
Crap ain't it?
Same with map updates. Sell you built in sat nav then never update it. Try to now promote using 3rd party map via waze.

• 1 year later...

This threads old to say the least , my friends got a 2016 mondeo vignale. It’s got climate option on sync. I’m not sure if that’s sync 2 or 3 but I don’t have climate on my 2020 focus sync3. Having watched the Ford sync3 video I’m not surprised they binned it. Over complicated. The right hand drive theory might be a factor but I’m happy with the current set up.

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

On mine the the A/C indicator is wrong. Everything works OK but when A/C is deactivated on dashboard on screen shows is ON, and when on dashboard is OFF on screen shows it's ON. Don't know if anyone has this issue and how to solve 🙂

• 9 months later...

I hate to ask after all this time but did anyone get this to work correctly, and can it be done on a Focus Mk4 ?

I have enabled the climate screen on Sync 3.4 on my Mk4 Focus and dual mode works as it should. Passenger and driver side dials control the correct side and display correctly on screen. All other functions work too, power on/off, A/C on/off, Recirculate, MaxA/C, Max Demist etc. Only the heated rear screen button is greyed out.

4B1ECB62-6CCB-453C-8D9B-887B0781F882.thumb.jpeg.ecabf1e48b261b29444d7974d6a8cc53.jpeg

On the MK3/3.5 it's still reversed and no way to change. The system is hardcoded to a left hand drive. Not sure about MK4...

Was it factory or retrofitted?

Update.

Heated rear screen button working with engine running.

Climate can be controlled with voice commands.

On 3/23/2021 at 5:23 PM, JPW said:

On the MK3/3.5 it's still reversed and no way to change. The system is hardcoded to a left hand drive. Not sure about MK4...

Was it factory or retrofitted?

Funny you mention that. My Mk3.5 sometimes (once every three months or so) switches to LHD mode. I can tell this has happened because the temperature on both sides switches to 22ºC (I'm always on 20ºC both sides), and the passenger side becomes the "lead" knob, meaning changing the passenger side also changes the driver side, and using the driver side knob splits the temperature zones. I have to turn off the engine again, open the door, wait for the Ford logo to disappear from the Sync screen, then start the car again and it's usually fixed.

I don't have it on the Sync screen, never plugged in a cable etc, I'm just talking about normal stock climate here. Very odd.

On 3/27/2021 at 11:41 AM, karlbbb said:

Funny you mention that. My Mk3.5 sometimes (once every three months or so) switches to LHD mode. I can tell this has happened because the temperature on both sides switches to 22ºC (I'm always on 20ºC both sides), and the passenger side becomes the "lead" knob, meaning changing the passenger side also changes the driver side, and using the driver side knob splits the temperature zones. I have to turn off the engine again, open the door, wait for the Ford logo to disappear from the Sync screen, then start the car again and it's usually fixed.

I don't have it on the Sync screen, never plugged in a cable etc, I'm just talking about normal stock climate here. Very odd.

If the rest of the world would just drive on the correct side of the road....

Personally I don’t see the point in it , you can’t be distracted by the screen like that while driving so it’s pointless. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club