Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2011 Fiesta Econetic DPF Regen Question.

The Turbonator

I have tried looking on Google for this but it seems DPFs are still seriously misunderstood on the web.

As the car reaches 85,000 miles problem free, I was hoping someone could tell me how the regen process works on this particular car (2011 Fiesta 1.6 tdci Econetic). I think I'm right in saying it uses Eloys to lower the temperature at which a regen needs to occur but does it still need constant motorway speeds for a regen to occur or can it do it during city driving?

Like I said so far the car has been completely fault free but as the mileage starts to climb, I'm beginning to worry and wouldn't mind understanding how it works to try and prevent any issues. In all the time I've had it, I've never felt, seen or known of it doing a regen, it must be doing it of course but I've never been able to work out when.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club