Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dpf issue?? Air box crack?? Limb mode no power

DaveD90

Guys and girls. I need your help! 

Car is in limb mode so no power what so ever. It's horrible. Had recent intercooler turn hose replaced, found a crack in air box also found now. Going to replace this. Had it plugged in its coming up with dpf fault. Dpf was changed in 2016. Asking dpf regen. Tried the motorway manual regen had no look. Will this be due to the air box hole? 

I need get this sorted asap, I have a family to be able to get about but can't with this ISSUE. 

Please help imageproxy.php?img=&key=ab107308399acee6guys. 

Hi Dave, you post is really vague. Can you please give more accurate information and any error codes so far. Also if you getting codes, are you personally reading them or is it a garage?

Thanks

Hi sorry. 

Garage did it but I don't know the codes specifics. 

It's still in limb mode, I've been told change the air box get some dpf cleaning fluid and talent for a constant drive for 30 mins to one hour. To try burn the build up out. 

Question is will I be best doing the motorway drive first then clear codes or clear codes then go for the drive? 

Why didn't the garage force a stationary regen?  If it's stuck in limp mode you'll never regen the DPF just by driving it on the road.  If you clear the codes and it comes out of limp mode then you can try pushing it hard onto the motorway (need to hit at least 3k rpm) to trigger a regen, but it might just trigger limp mode again anyway.

A leak on the airbox before the MAF sensor won't make any difference at all.  Some people run them with the whole lid off for more noise lol.

Ok so garage took.it out of limb mode it went back in limb mode.  Any ideas I'm coming to end of my whits with it now.

Dpf was changed in 2016. I do short journeys more than long. Trouble is I'm tied into a 4 year finance deal. Worse mistake I ever made 

Needs a forced regen.   The garage should be able to do this

10 hours ago, DaveD90 said:

Ok so garage took.it out of limb mode it went back in limb mode.  Any ideas I'm coming to end of my whits with it now.

Dpf was changed in 2016. I do short journeys more than long. Trouble is I'm tied into a 4 year finance deal. Worse mistake I ever made 

As above, needs a forced stationary regen.  If it's too blocked for that it'll either need another new DPF, or they can be sent away for cleaning.  The cleaners you can add to DPFs at home don't really work so don't waste money on them.

Was it a cheap aftermarket DPF btw?  B&M catalysts for example?  I bought one of those for ~£200 that only last a year!

I don't know how finance works, but can't you move it onto another car?  How much longer have you got left?

Only got the car in January. With 3.month warranty from a dealer. Very smooth car but now this problem. 

Not sure about DPF will habe to dig paperwork out. 

There is no smoke at all from the car. Could it be a MAF issue? 

Update for all. 

Firstly thankyou for your help people. Went euro car parts. Purchased streetwize obd scanner. Plugged in 1 error code... erased code. 

Started car..... and bingo.... limb mode gone! Jumped on motorway. No issues apart from... slight juddering. Then murdering gone. 

Could this be job done? 

Slight juddering during regen is normal.  Not sure what you mean by murdering gone, guessing that's an autocorrect but I can't work it out lol?

Not to put a dampner on it but I seriously doubt if that'll be job done.  What was the code you cleared?  The same one as before about DPF?

i'm going with "juddering gone"😂 (for the auto-correct). I agree that you may well still have an issue. However, do keeps us informed as it is very useful for the community on here.

I am surprised that a forced regen wasn't done. I did one on my car at my local garage. This sorted all my issues out and was not expensive.

• Like 1

Didn't capture the code. I will keep you so updated. Yeh auto correct juddering gone haha. 

I've took it on a 150 mile journey it did juddering for 3 miles estimate but it went. No issue since. 

Thanks for the help people 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club