Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Random chugging / jitters when driving 1.4 tdci

tholden

Hi

i own a 2009 ford fiesta 1.4 tdci and for some time, the car has been having random jitters. This can last for a few seconds, and only feels like a small blip. 

Today however, i got the esp warning light togheter with the power train light. The car went into limp mode so I pulled over. 

Restarted the car, and everything seemed fine. Took it to a ford dealer whom read the error codes. A single code was recorded.

P1202 injector 2 open / short circuit

The ford dealer looked at the injector and found no signs of leakage.

They said that I should drive some more and return if it happens again.

what do you guys think, are the small blips related to this? And what could be wrong?

The engine warnings and limp mode happened right after i drove over a small bump. Dont know if that matters. Could it indicate electrical wire errors?

I don't really know the answer to the problem. Out of interest did they charge you to read the code and if so how much.

Did they clear the code? Not clearing it does not cause any problem with running of car but it makes it harder to diagnose if it goes into limp mode again as codes are not dated when you read them. 

Hi

They did not charged me anything, and they did clear the code. They said that if it appeared a second time, they would have to go over the complete injector harness. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club