Do Not Sell My Personal Information

key fob programing urgent

mrmetallica

how do i program my key fob to lock and unlock my car ? focus mk2 fl 09

On 8/15/2018 at 5:19 PM, mrmetallica said:

how do i program my key fob to lock and unlock my car ? focus mk2 fl 09

some one must know ? ive tried the 0 to  II  4 times even 8 times but its not working so i have to unlock with the door its a pain in the rear

1. Turn the ignition switch from position I to position II four times exactly within six seconds.

1. Turn the ignition switch to position 0.

1. An audible chime will be heard (only in vehicles built before 2008 model year) to indicate that it is now possible to programme the keys for ten seconds.

1. Press and hold one of the buttons on the remote transmitter until a chime sounds. This indicates a new transmitter code has been successfully received.                          if this doensnt work then you may have an issue with the fuse box or remote reciever antenna. 

33 minutes ago, iantt said:
  1. Turn the ignition switch from position I to position II four times exactly within six seconds.

1. Turn the ignition switch to position 0.

1. An audible chime will be heard (only in vehicles built before 2008 model year) to indicate that it is now possible to programme the keys for ten seconds.

1. Press and hold one of the buttons on the remote transmitter until a chime sounds. This indicates a new transmitter code has been successfully received.                          if this doensnt work then you may have an issue with the fuse box or remote reciever antenna. 

ive tried that several times but no luck i get a bing after about 4 times but when i press the button on fob nothing

1 hour ago, iantt said:

is the fob ok? battery ?

yep ive just bought new batteries

All symptoms suggest that there is a problem with the receiver.

Did you change the GEM module/fuse box?

There are different versions of the GEM module/fuse box. Older versions of the GEM module/fuse box have an integrated remote control receiver. Newer versions of the GEM module/fuse box are using an external remote control receiver. Apart from the really low spec versions most newer GEM module/fuse box versions also have an integrated remote control receiver but it is switched off as standard.

If not configured correctly the remote control functionality will no longer work after the GEM module/fuse box is changed.. 

• Like 1

nice post JW1982, 

I expect this is exactly his issue.

How would you go about turning that receiver on?

If this is the problem it can easily be solved by  changing the configuration of the GEM module/fuse box with the ELMconfig program.

In case of a new (or used) GEM module/fuse box It is highly recommended to change the VIN number also and configure the module based on the AS-BUILT data.

GEM.jpg.e3c0dbacf576818b00502a0a2d78eb40.jpg

• Thanks 1

It may be the circuit in the key itself.
They can fail through wear'n'tear or getting wet or dropped (especially the buttons themselves).
Most key cutting places that do car keys will have testers that pick up the 433Mhz signal from fobs so can easily tell if the fob is transmitting (inexpensive handsets on eBay work well).

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F382249921011

I have foxed a few fobs in my time and quite often it's a duff circuit.
I buy replacement boards from eBay and have had a 100% success rate with them.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F252636941279

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

3 hours ago, JW1982 said:

If this is the problem it can easily be solved by  changing the configuration of the GEM module/fuse box with the ELMconfig program.

In case of a new (or used) GEM module/fuse box It is highly recommended to change the VIN number also and configure the module based on the AS-BUILT data.

thanks jw will have a look at that

1 hour ago, Stoney871 said:

It may be the circuit in the key itself.
They can fail through wear'n'tear or getting wet or dropped (especially the buttons themselves).
Most key cutting places that do car keys will have testers that pick up the 433Mhz signal from fobs so can easily tell if the fob is transmitting (inexpensive handsets on ebay work well).

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F382249921011

I have foxed a few fobs in my time and quite often it's a duff circuit.
I buy replacement boards from ebay and have had a 100% success rate with them.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F252636941279

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

the fob was working until i changed the fuse box will be looking at it soon see whats what

4 hours ago, JW1982 said:

this is already ticked in elm

Did you configure the new GEM module/fuse box based on the AS-BUILT data of your car?

34 minutes ago, JW1982 said:

Did you configure the new GEM module/fuse box based on the AS-BUILT data of your car?

i copied everything like you said the three like you said might put the old box in and do it again just to be sure

right just put the old box back in and i programed 2 fobs ok. how many can you have programed into the car ? i seem to only be able to get 2 to programe at a time no more

You can program a lot more remote controls than 2. 

On my previous Focus MK2 (with a Kuga GEM module/fuse box) I had 4 programmed ignition keys / key fobs.

Are you sure that your new GEM module/fuse box supports remote central locking? I know for sure that some lower specced versions do not support remote central locking at all.

13 minutes ago, JW1982 said:

You can program a lot more remote controls than 2. 

On my previous Focus MK2 (with a Kuga GEM module/fuse box) I had 4 programmed ignition keys / key fobs.

Are you sure that your new GEM module/fuse box supports remote central locking? I know for sure that some lower specced versions do not support remote central locking at all.

it has pins that the originall one doesnt and the numbers are the same just originall ends de new one ends jf

on my mk2.5 my original GEM was a 7M5T-14A073-CB  and I fitted a 7M5T-14A073-FB 

of the last two characters - 

second in from right F is the capability of the unit ( C being quite basic with 6 pins missing for the roof module and F the highest, or so I thought...)

the last letter B is the revision (looks like B is 2007/2008, E 2009, F 2010 , G 2012 or thereabouts)

Just saw a JG on eBay 22 Aug 2012

10 minutes ago, Botus said:

on my mk2.5 my original GEM was a 7M5T-14A073-CB  and I fitted a 7M5T-14A073-FB 

of the last two characters - second in from right F is the capability of the unit ( C being quite basic and F the highest, or so I thought...) the last letter B is the revision.  I thought an FD was quite a late one, JF sounds a long way down the road ?

Just saw a JG on ebay 22 Aug 2012

i better start chasing it then lol

its funny it has more pins then min and more fuse spaces where on mine the fuse bay is empty on new one it got fuse holders

right ive given up for now put old box back in managed to programe 4 fobs so that will do for now and ill look for another box.

thanks every one for help and info realy apreciate it .

does any one know if this would be same fuse box as mine it has same number as mine but some fuses are missing not sure if they could take fuses.

if the number matches is that all i need to make sure of 

maybe ask a dealer for a replacement for your car and see what the part number comes out at. 

I thought they stopped making multiple variants and just had the highest spec for all cars on a replacement unit

but I don't get why they would have a JG  when the F did everything already unless the game moved on and this could indicate why you have issues as are not a direct swap

in your last post did you mean to post a part number?  

if on about the FG you have, if a fuse can be fitted and it has one in that location on the old one, you need it (as I mentioned you must fit all fuses and relays as per your current car and check them for continuity or things wont work)

1 hour ago, Botus said:

maybe ask a dealer for a replacement for your car and see what the part number comes out at. 

I thought they stopped making multiple variants and just had the highest spec for all cars on a replacement unit

but I don't get why they would have a JG  when the F did everything already unless the game moved on and this could indicate why you have issues as are not a direct swap

in your last post did you mean to post a part number?  

if on about the FG you have, if a fuse can be fitted and it has one in that location on the old one, you need it (as I mentioned you must fit all fuses and relays as per your current car and check them for continuity or things wont work)

i didnt mean to put part number no. i did put fuses in the empty spaces that are on the fuse box but didnt make any diference .on my box there isnt any metal to hold the fuse on a couple of the spaces. there is a fuse box on eBay same number as mine but in the picture there are fuses missing so not sure if i could get fuse in the space

different spec GEMs have different features.... between the C to F the higher one has slots to take more fuses not less, (as in ones with connections, not a blind slot) and more pins on some of the multiplug connectors . 

by the time you get to much later GEMs as JW9182 said about the IR receiver, maybe more stuff changed and they don't become fully compatible, you could list the std one you have, maybe others could chip in with more info

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Botus said:

different spec GEMs have different features.... between the C to F the higher one has slots to take more fuses not less, (as in ones with connections, not a blind slot) and more pins on some of the multiplug connectors . 

by the time you get to much later GEMs as JW9182 said about the IR receiver, maybe more stuff changed and they don't become fully compatible, you could list the std one you have, maybe others could chip in with more info

heres my fuse box numbers

fuse box original.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club