Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 Edge sport won't start...

tallguy

Grumble grumble....after 2 weeks faultless motoring in southern France, drove the car yesterday afternoon for about 10miles, used sport mode and the paddles for a bit, then dropped back into drive for the last half mile. Parked and then got back in the car. Pressed the brake pedal (very firm pedal feel) and pressed the starter button, nothing, lots of warning messages, adaptive steering fault, pre collision assist unavailable, general spanner- check manual and check brake system (red). The green led in the starter button flashes quickly. And the screen says press brake pedal to start even when I am.

AA spent 2.5 hours trying yesterday evening including 2 battery resets.

Will be low loaded in to Ford this morning.

Anybody seen this before? Any advice, opinions?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

With all those faults, sounds like either a wiring/connector issue, i.e. no CAN communication between the various ECU's or a common fuse that has blown somewhere that supplies a number of ECU's. Hope you get it sorted soon and please let us all know what the problem was when it is.

its a fear of mine that my car with all its electronic gadgets etc will one day just fail on me with no warning. hope its a simple fix for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Folks, it's now over 3 weeks and ford and the dealer are no closer to understanding or fixing the issue.

How long do I give it before I challenge ford as to with returning the car under warranty, what strategy should I use and what would be my options?

Grumble grumble.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

So an update....

Local dealer thought it was a dodgy steering rack sending error codes.....replaced rack.....No change.....

They now have a booked visit from a Ford technical guy, sometime this week

How long do I give it before I challenge ford about returning the car under warranty, what strategy should I use and what would be my options? - any help here would be gratefully recieved

Over 3 weeks as I write this. I'd be jumping up and down by now, possibly on someone's head. Email Ford CEO, ask to speak to the Dealer Principal, involve the motoring press, AA, RAC. I'm afraid I have a very short fuse which is why I'm one of the few who has got their auto-lock on sync 2 fixed! This is a 40 grand motor car, not a playstation! https://www.ceoemail.com/

• Like 1

Have you spoken to Trading Standards, they should be able to give you your legal position and maybe tell you who's ***** to kick.

If the car is financed, inform them as they will apply some pressure for you.

Email Andy Barrett, I had issues caused by Ford not my dealer with my airbag recall last year. Ford’s CRC team wouldn’t budge on a like for like loan car while mine was off the road. A factual politely worded email sent to Andy Barrett and a like for like loan car was provided by Ford UK within 48 hours of the email and for 4 weeks at their cost. He won’t respond but his team were very good at sorting me out and helped source parts with regular updates.

Folks,

Thanks for the helpful replies.

The 'Stealers' have had it for 5 weeks now, with even the fixes that ford technical guys who visited and worked on the vehicle suggested have failed to cure the problem.

So I have, yesterday, been back to the original sales dealership to discuss returning or exchanging the vehicle under warranty.

I will give them one chance to come up with a decent offer then I will take the Andy Barrett route.

Ford are continuing to source a vehicle, which is a ford fiesta, which short term gets me from A to B but it will not meet the needs I purchased the Edge for.

On a slightly parallel but related topic I was slightly disturbed to spot this on twitter

Cheers folks16b43802ad94a6ccb1f7538f6e494876.jpg&key=4b90e4f0ecb52f152f92203e41117d14341f8761b5a23411d344b1ba61714d0d

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Having previously had a Range Rover sport I can certainly vouch for its position on that table! Only had one problem with my Edge in 16000 miles so I guess it’s the luck of the draw with these 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club