Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Programming extra key fobs for new S-Max

Cwatters

Got a new 2018 S-Max which came with two Intelligent Access Keys (only). When we last had a Ford it was possible to program extra keys yourself as long as you still had two working keys/fobs. Once you had less than two keys you had to go to the dealer and pay a fortune for a replacement. Is this still the case?

As the new car only comes with two I'd like to make at least one spare fob before we loose one or have it fail on us.

Anyone able to recommend a source for fobs? Ebay has lots of Mondeo 5 button fobs but nothing that looks identical to the 3-button fob supplied with the S-Max. Will 5-button Mondeo fobs work?

Thanks

2 hours ago, iantt said:

probably ford dealer only, and programming.

No probabaly,  definitely  i looked into the same for my C-max dealer only and very expensive £350 if i remember correctly 

8 hours ago, pragmatix said:

No probabaly,  definitely  i looked into the same for my C-max dealer only and very expensive £350 if i remember correctly 

Ouch!!!

Double ouch.

Can you do it if you have a box of tricks to plug into the CAN/ODP port on the car? Any of those cost less than £350?

If I ever buy a new Ford again I'm going to haggle for 4 fobs as part of the deal. It can't cost them anything like £350 a go so should be possible to get a good price that way.

I wonder if this works on a UK SMax. I think the MVP Pro is "only" £150 ish? Perhaps Im wrong.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club