Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sony Stereo Upgrade *Please help a newb*

WillP

Hi all

I know this has been discussed a lot but I'm still left scratching my head. 

I am looking to upgrade my standard stereo to the Sony unit. I have a 2014 1.6 tdci ZS with a full colour screen and sat nav. 

What part numbers do I need to look out for? 

Also I notice some. People are able to see what artist is playing through bluetooth when playing through Spotify, how is this achieved. 

Thanks in advance 

IMG_20181104_163936.jpg

How come you want the Sony unit? It wouldn't really offer anything yours doesn't have (and would cost you over £200 if you want satnav).

The whole music info over bluetooth is easy solved by upgrading the SYNC unit. It's located above the passenger foot well and is screwed onto the plastic cover that you remove to gain access. Your unit is Sync 1.0 (AM5T) and you need Sync 1.1 (D1BT).

12 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

How come you want the Sony unit? It wouldn't really offer anything yours doesn't have (and would cost you over £200 if you want satnav).

The whole music info over bluetooth is easy solved by upgrading the SYNC unit. It's located above the passenger foot well and is screwed onto the plastic cover that you remove to gain access. Your unit is Sync 1.0 (AM5T) and you need Sync 1.1 (D1BT).

I prefer the design of the Sony unit as apposed to the standard. I'd eventually like to get a rear camera in aswell. 

With the SYNC unit is it just plug and play? 

You can just swap the fascias to the Sony unit and leave the stereo itself. The factory cameras are part of the screen I believe but can't remember if the screen and stereo are paired together.

There's a full guide here on how to upgrade the Sync unit. It should be plug and play.

Thanks for the link Luke, looks straight forward! 

With regards to swapping the fascia, I notice that some of the Sony unit fascias have a 'border' around the screen/satnav display. Mine currently doesn't. Would this mean there are different fascias for different screen sizes? 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club