Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Battery Fault Code

Danking17

Hi everyone, I recently had my mondeo in for a diagnostic check at Ford.

One of many faults that come up was fault B11DB which is battery monitoring module A. My car does struggle to start in the mornings but never sounds like its low on power, as in doesnt sound sluggish when turning over and no lights dimming etc.

I just wondered if anyone knows if replacing the battery would resolve this? aaf16ac102f6b4922ac3d6e6b3705ade.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Ok thanks I'll give that a try I'll need to do a bit of research though as not sure where the BMS is or what it looks like [emoji57]

Ok so I'm guessing this red cable should be attached? And the small box above the red cable I'm assuming is the BMS? f982dba1264b68b2c746b9ec8d7b52fa.jpg

Looks like you found the issue. I'm not familiar with the Mondeo BMS but assume the BMS is attached to the negative terminal clamp at the back of battery

Yeah it definitely looks like it's been pulled out don't know if I fancy getting that back in myself though, from what I've read online the fault code will also need to be cleared and the BMS reset once its attached again

Fault code clearing is irrelevant, and the BMS reset is easy enough to do without any diagnostics.  

At least you found the fault and can get it sorted now at a garage cheaply Enough. 

Ah ok that's good to know, appreciate your help mate I spoke to a garage earlier there gonna have a look on Monday so hopefully should get it sorted then

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club