Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk8 aux power point

jsk

Just a general interest question. The manual states that the aux power point stays powered up or 30 to 40 minutes after the ignition is switch off. I have an air cleaning device plugged into mine that uses very little power. When I switch off the ignition with this device plugged in power remains on for the 30 to 40 minutes. If I plug my tyre inflation pump in to the socket, after I turn the ignition off, I am only able too top up two tyres before I lose power, about 4 minutes. Then have to put the ignition back on again too continue using the pump. Wondering if anyone else has come across this. I suppose it could be that some magical part of the electronics is picking up that the pump is using more power and shutting it down in case it flattens the battery. My battery by the way is fully charged in case someone queries that.

remains

Normal timer is 30 - 40 mins , but if voltage drops below a certain threshold the system will go into power saving mode earlier unless you override manually by switching ign on. 

Is there a way to increase this time, maybe via Forscan...? Just wondering, I got about 115 mins. with my dual dash cam before it shuts down. I don't want it to be always on, but a bit more would be better.

I wish mine would go off in 40 mins,i have 2011 titanium and always on so i cant leave anything in it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club