Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Should my battery look like this?

Albert27

Serviced the mk3 1.6tdci today.  battery inspection revealed this (photo below). Is this normal? No issues from the battery to date. 

IMG-20181227-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20181227-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20181227-WA0011.jpg

Just now, iantt said:

Pity it's a 700amp battery, got a 590amp stop start efb sat in my garage. Unlucky. 

I'm doing well out of your garage store (made use of the oil + filter + brake fluid today!) 😄 Is that stuff a sign it's on it's way out?

• Like 1

That's the battery acid leaking out, may be charging a bit to high a voltage occasionally or battery starting to become faulty. I would wash it off with boiling water then when it's dried off , take bracket off , remove battery and more boiling water in the battery tray to wash it away.  The bracket may have had the paint corroded off. Give it a spray with some paint . I would then refit battery and bracket. Just keep an eye on battery in a months time to see if it's furring up again. Then you may need a new battery. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Albert27 said:

I'm doing well out of your garage store (made use of the oil + filter + brake fluid today!) 😄 Is that stuff a sign it's on it's way out?

I even did brake fluid change on my focus , thats the first in 5 years. Also full brake check/adjustment and air con service/recharge. Couldn't be bothered to do oil and filter today but was changed 4/5 months ago. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, iantt said:

That's the battery acid leaking out, may be charging a bit to high a voltage occasionally or battery starting to become faulty. I would wash it off with boiling water then when it's dried off , take bracket off , remove battery and more boiling water in the battery tray to wash it away.  The bracket may have had the paint corroded off. Give it a spray with some paint . I would then refit battery and bracket. Just keep an eye on battery in a months time to see if it's furring up again. Then you may need a new battery. 

Thanks Ian, I will do that.  Hopefully I won't need a new one...£126!!  Ouch..bring back the mk2 battery!  We don't even use the start stop.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club