Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keyless Entry on the news again..Is there things that your glad your aint got or had.

jace1969

Really missed keyless start yesterday...went down, started the engine and put the heaters on to melt ice on the windows while I came back up to collect some items (no heated screen for the first winter in 5 years!)...then went to lock the front door as I left, realising the keys were in the ignition...fail... :laugh:  Had to switch off the engine after ~2 minutes idling with heaters etc on in -1c after having not been driven for a few days...really wasn't expecting it to complete a second cold start within 2 minutes. :lol: 

7 hours ago, jace1969 said:

I wonder if they ever thought of finger print scanner on the dash like a sensor pad on the button like a phone as well as keyless

start, double protection so then if anyone clones the code they still wont start it.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/04/04/fingerprint_merc_chop/

Yeah, it didn't catch on 😲

On 1/28/2019 at 8:06 AM, pragmatix said:

The therft of cars with keyless is probably down to the fact these are the newer more desirable ones, its very easy to steal a car that has keys.

Im very happy with keyless. Just wish i had heated seats and sterring wheel

Think I'd complain if I didnt have a steering wheel!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Article in The Sun today, mentions Ford from next year will be fitting motion sensors into new keys, meaning the key will turn off if its not moved for 40 seconds.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club