Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Xenon lights won't work..

Gzi98

Hi,

I have bought new xenon lights for my focus.

Everything works expect for the normal beam (Green light on dashboard). High beam (Blue Light on dashboard) works fine and so do the indicators. 

Have checked the wiring, my normal headlight socket is different to the new xenon headlights. The metal little bits of the socket are just scattered differently. No idea why. Could this be the problem?

Please help..

Your headlight loom will probably have only 7 wires in the plug where the xenon lights require 10 wires in the plug 

there is a clip on YouTube that shows how to get round it. 

...and with only 1.3 Billion videos on YouTube, that should be a breeze to find LOL 🤩

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, TangoDaz said:

Your headlight loom will probably have only 7 wires in the plug where the xenon lights require 10 wires in the plug 

there is a clip on YouTube that shows how to get round it. 

Hi Thanks for the reply. Could you link me a YouTube link please. I'm not too sure what to search. Thanks 

• Like 1

…. interesting, in GEM config there's a setting for xenon lights.   But if the wiring is different as well I can image you can have some fun. 

Some focus's have a beam leveling switch on the (interior) light switch.... (with motors in the light units to move the reflector) whereas most European cars with Xenon lights (in part coz encouraged by law) have headlight washers and a suspension position driven self levelling system.  Construction and use regs and MOT rules suggest a bit of a fight in legislation around this, I wonder if some of the extra wires are for the levelling set up?

I have no interest in doing this conversion myself, but just wanted to say that is one excellent and interesting video! Not the normal YouTube rubbish. He's a real Edd China! Hope you do that conversion and can show us the results...

At 4:46 on the video. He carries that blue wiring, what's that called? And where could it be bought specificly for zetec s. Thanks for the replies all, I will update you on the progress! 

• Like 1

To me, that looks like a custom wiring loom, any autospark should be able to run that up for you for not big money. I'd be surprised if it was commerciality available as the market for it must be tiny!

• Like 1

Hello again

i got mine to work using that video bu I i have also seen this on this forum as well but yet to try it. 

Essentially to convert 7 pin  to 10 pin to drive the xenons and retain the levelling. Then pin 8 splice to pin 6. Pin 9 to pin 5 and pin 10 splice to pin 2. Jobs a goodun

• Like 2

Hi all

How straight forward (or not as the case may be) is it to fit OEM xenons to a mk3? 

12 hours ago, TangoDaz said:

Hello again

i got mine to work using that video bu I i have also seen this on this forum as well but yet to try it. 

Essentially to convert 7 pin  to 10 pin to drive the xenons and retain the levelling. Then pin 8 splice to pin 6. Pin 9 to pin 5 and pin 10 splice to pin 2. Jobs a goodun

How long did it take you?.. also if I go to a car part shop, what would i tell the over the counter that I need? A wiring loom?

To wire it up as in the video you will need a couple of relays and some black and red wire plus a couple of fuses. 

Probable took about 1/2 a day. 

• 4 weeks later...

11 hours ago, Gzi98 said:

And got someone to fit in for me. .....

I love this bit! Sometimes you just gotta admit that some folk know more than you do! My knowledge is extremely limited, so I'm at the mercy of alot of 'experts'! Well done getting it sorted

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club