Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta B&O Settings

DanE98

Hi

I have a late 2017 Fiesta with B&O play as an extra. I can’t seem to get the settings right so that it sounds good. 

The bass is very loud from outside the car but inside the sound isn’t very loud. I mainly listen to pop music.

I was wondering if anyone else has the B&O, and if so then how is yours set up?

Also, for the balance and fade settings, it has the steering wheel on the left. Does anyone know whether just the steering wheel is on the wrong side in the diagram or if the left and right are swapped over?

any help would be much appreciated 

thanks.

Where are you getting your music from? All this Youtube-2-MP3 crap just sounds awful when you play it through a half decent system. 

26 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

Where are you getting your music from? All this Youtube-2-MP3 crap just sounds awful when you play it through a half decent system. 

I'd agree the Youtube2MP3 files can be a little bit crap but saying that, being a user of this method, the vast majority of files are of decent quality.

I suppose settings are a personal choice - what sounds good for one person may sound awful to another but mine are set to be surround sound. Bass +1 from default, balance, -1 towards the back. The rest as far as I can remember is default. 

Don't worry about the steering wheel being on the left on the diagram - it's just lazy design 😛 

From personal experience, I recommend to not over do it with the bass settings as with a song that by default features a bit of enhanced bass, with a high setting, you're guaranteed to add interior rattles to the symphony of the music you're listening to 🙂 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DanE98 said:

Hi

I have a late 2017 Fiesta with B&O play as an extra. I can’t seem to get the settings right so that it sounds good. 

The bass is very loud from outside the car but inside the sound isn’t very loud. I mainly listen to pop music.

I was wondering if anyone else has the B&O, and if so then how is yours set up?

Also, for the balance and fade settings, it has the steering wheel on the left. Does anyone know whether just the steering wheel is on the wrong side in the diagram or if the left and right are swapped over?

any help would be much appreciated 

thanks.

I've struggled with mine since I got it 5 months ago.   I can't, unfortunately, provide any settings I've found that work consistently. 

I've found very little 'normal' source music drives the sub effectively, i.e DAB or Mp3.  The most success I've had is with lossless files (FLAC etc). 

When you do find a track that takes advantage of the system properly it can sound amazing, unfortunately I get that about 5% of the time. 

I find the sound is way too front centric and if you try and use the fade to push it backwards the quality drops off a cliff. 

Like I say, lossless gives me the highest chance at getting the best out of the system. 

For me, I think the system isn't optimised well for the car at all, despite the B&o promos lol. 

10 hours ago, tef89 said:

I've struggled with mine since I got it 5 months ago.   I can't, unfortunately, provide any settings I've found that work consistently. 

I've found very little 'normal' source music drives the sub effectively, i.e DAB or Mp3.  The most success I've had is with lossless files (FLAC etc). 

When you do find a track that takes advantage of the system properly it can sound amazing, unfortunately I get that about 5% of the time. 

I find the sound is way too front centric and if you try and use the fade to push it backwards the quality drops off a cliff. 

Like I say, lossless gives me the highest chance at getting the best out of the system. 

For me, I think the system isn't optimised well for the car at all, despite the B&o promos lol. 

I'd agree the system isn't anywhere near as well optimised as all the promotional garbage made it sound. It's by no means a bad setup and is far better than standard stuff but it's nothing special when compared to other "premium" systems. I'd also say that a sign of a very good system is that the settings don't need to be configured much if at all to get an excellent sound, there's plenty of people that have said they've found it extremely difficult to strike the best balance of settings to get the sound that they'd be happy with. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DG97 said:

I'd agree the system isn't anywhere near as well optimised as all the promotional garbage made it sound. It's by no means a bad setup and is far better than standard stuff but it's nothing special when compared to other "premium" systems. I'd also say that a sign of a very good system is that the settings don't need to be configured much if at all to get an excellent sound, there's plenty of people that have said they've found it extremely difficult to strike the best balance of settings to get the sound that they'd be happy with. 

I'd agree.  I've lived with the std stereo on a previous MK8 before the one I have now and I'd definitely still spec the B&o as it's a lot better than stock. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club