Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Sat nav installation

LazyHazy

@Philled Hi Pal, unfortunately you have the non touchscreen Sync1 screen and over there you have to make only hardware change. You have to buy whole nav unit and change it. 😞

The simple activation is only possible in the Sync2 8" touchscreen.

Hi, just bought a 16 plate Kuga that hasn’t got the Satnav initiated. Could you send me the nstructions on how to do this please?

many thanks

• Like 1

@Bannko Hi there, I'm new to the forum and was looking to enable my sat nav on a 2016 kuga with sync 2. Would it be possible to get the instructions for this. Thanks in advance. 

• Like 1

Thank you Bannko, just as I had thought. 😢

Many thanks to @Bannko for great service 👍 the man deserves a beer or 2 🍻

Made it all of the way through the install without issue right up until the point I tried to insert my SD Map card...... it looks like my card reader is faulty as the card just won't latch in place or read the card. 😖

Looks like I'll have to wait for the dealer to sort it out before I can enjoy the satnav goodness.

Still feeling quite smug that I'm almost there though 😎

• Like 1

@_musty_ read my email and the dealer visit won't be necessary haha 😄

and thx for your feedback.

• Like 1

Hi Bannko

Yep read your email. Many thanks for the suggestion and I will give it a try.

I think the card reader has a mechanical problem as the card does not insert fully or hold the card in place the way a normal SD card lot works. I have some warrentee left on the vehicle so may as well make some use of it 😈

Just went to check out a colleagues Galaxy (Sync3 with all of the bells and whistles) to confirm my mapcard fits/works ok, but he doesn't appear to have any SD card reader...that's progress for you???

• Like 1

On 7/2/2019 at 10:52 PM, Bannko said:

@_musty_ read my email and the dealer visit won't be necessary haha 😄

and thx for your feedback.

Would you mind pm me i instructions onnhow to activate sat nav on synch 2 .  Thanks in advance 

• Like 1

@_musty_ to be honest Sync2 is prehistoric haha. The system is in Ford US cars since 2011. It was just introduced in Europe very late,i think it was in Nov/Dec 2014.

• Like 1

Hi, daughters just got a 2016 Kuga. Any chance you could send the instructions to enable nav over? Thanks. 

7 hours ago, Bannko said:

@_musty_ to be honest Sync2 is prehistoric haha. The system is in Ford US cars since 2011. It was just introduced in Europe very late,i think it was in Nov/Dec 2014.

@Bannko

So dropped the car of at the dealer today. Took them from 11am until 4:30 to call me and confirm the media console needs to be replaced. Job to be done under warranty, which is good as I wouldnt be happy to pay an expert 1/2day to fault find what takes a normal person 5 minutes.🙄

Best of all no part in stock so they have to order one in and make me go back 😤

Once it's done I 'll get the 3.10 update sorted as you have suggested.

Thanks again for the great support 👍

• Like 2

Hi Bannko,

Would you mind dropping me a PM with instructions on how to enable the sat nav on my  2016 Focus Titannium X (with Sync2 fitted).

Many Thanks.

• Like 1

Hi Bannco I see you are the resident Sat  nav God 😉 could you please send me details of how to add to sync 2 my car is a 2016 kuga I've  sent you a pm thanks in advance😎

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Bannko also trying to get sat nav on 2016 tit x sync 2 any help would be great

@BannkoHi there, I'm new to the forum and was looking to enable my sat nav on a 2016 kuga with sync 2.

Would it be possible to get the instructions for this. Thanks in advance. 

• Like 1

Hi Would you mind pm me i instructions on how to activate sat nav on synch 2 for my Mondeo mk5 please.

• Like 1

@Bannko 

Would you mind dropping me a PM with instructions on how to enable the sat nav on my 2015 Focus Titanium fitted with Sync 2.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Hi bannko, I ve sent you a pm but please can I get the instructions too. 

• Like 1

@Bannko Hi there. Just brought a 2016 Kuga with sync 2 and no navi. Any chance you could send me the instructions please. Cheers

• Like 1

@Bannko Thanks to you I now have working sat nav, thanks for the easy to follow instructions.

Brilliant, really helpful.

• Thanks 1

Hi i have seen all of your posts, i have a 65 plate kuga titanium with the sync2 i am as everyone else seems to be wanting to active the navigation, I have an SD card ready. i went to ford and they have no idea. and quoted £200 just to plug it in would love some assistance

BW 

@Zeret100 what Ford wanted to plug in? You bought a second nav unit and you want to change it? 

Hi Bannko,

It seems you're the man for anything sat-nav related?

I've just bought a '66 Kuga Titanium X (pre facelift with Sync 2). I assumed it would have sat-nav as I actually got an F5 SD card with it, but it appears it doesn't have sat-nav after all! Are you able to help with a copy of your instructions?

Many thanks in advance!

Chris

• Like 1

Hi @Bannko I brought a 2016 Focus with Sync 2 recently was missing the SD card. IF you could PM me the instructions that would be great 👍

• Like 1

Hi @Bannko, I have a 2015 Focus Titanium, with an F4 SD card but no Sat Nav installed!

Could you please pm the details of how to install it please?

Eternally grateful!!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club