Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Sat nav installation

LazyHazy

On 12/23/2017 at 1:23 PM, Bannko said:

Just emailed you but going to write this also here. Second line 7D0-01-02, first cell rewrite to 041C.

In the instructions is only example of the values that is why they are different from yours. In general you have just to rewrite the first two digits to 04.

Hi could you send me the method of adding Satnav to my 2016 Kuga thanks

• Like 1

Hi @Bannko, you seem like the go to man around here. Just bought a 2016 Kuga and any help getting sat nav on it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

• Like 1

@BannkoCan i have the instructions for a 66 plate C-Max Titanium with sync 2 please? in a bit of a pickle here

• Like 1

Hi @bannko another newbee here, not long got myself a new toy, a 65 plate focus st2, have been researching a lot on installing nav and afterwards probably a camera, I have forscan with extended licence an eml an sd card, could  you please send me your seemingly legendary instructions on installing nav and anything else I need To do it

many thanks

James

• Like 1

Hey @Bannko, Any chance you could send me these instruction please. I have a 2016 kuga with sync 2 at version 3.08 but information in the top right instead of navigation.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Hi Bannko, Would be grateful of the info on sync 2 sat nav installation. Thanks

Hi @Bannko I've done all the necessary things with the ELM, Forscan etc and have a working Sat Nav, BUT, I don't seem to get traffic updates. 

Does anyone know if you should with this "non ford installation", or have I missed something when updating, 

Any help much appreciated.!

@Mez7000 I am not sure if i have explained this already in this thread. 

But traffic announcements are received via radio signals and actually your radio (ACM) unit must support this functionality. It is called TMC (traffic message center). Your car did not come from factory with navigation so Ford did not put into your car the ACM unit that supports this TMC. 

Anyway even if you would have this function, it is pretty useless. The traffic updates are late and sometimes you did not receive anything and so on. So you are not loosing any benefit at all.

2 hours ago, Bannko said:

@Mez7000 I am not sure if i have explained this already in this thread. 

But traffic announcements are received via radio signals and actually your radio (ACM) unit must support this functionality. It is called TMC (traffic message center). Your car did not come from factory with navigation so Ford did not put into your car the ACM unit that supports this TMC. 

Anyway even if you would have this function, it is pretty useless. The traffic updates are late and sometimes you did not receive anything and so on. So you are not loosing any benefit at all.

Thank you @Bannko that has explained a lot! Is there any way of checking if this function is there with Forscan for example?

Also I read somewhere else that in the licence screen after the navipatch has been installed that you should see something in the licence screen, is this correct, as I have nothing displayed?

You can tell if the radio supports the TCM function only by part number, as this function is automatic and nothing you have to activate in ACM in addition. 

PM'd you more further details. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Bannko,

After days of internet searching, all recommendations lead to you my friend.

Can you please send me the instructions and list of kit needed to add SatNav to my 2016 Kuga Sync 2 please? If you let me know your PayPal account (privately), I’ll gladly buy you a pint in return.

Thanks,

Steve.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

Ive read just about every post on internet about enabling Sat Nav on my sync 2 head set. I think i have all information/hardware and files ready. But before i attempt i wanted to just get a little help from @Bannko . Im in the UK, I own Focus 2016. currently have firmware version 3.08 on unit. I have D/L NaviPtach.png plus navapp.zip which is about 27mb and contains SyncMyRide folder plus a autoinstall.lst file.

I also have Gen2v310EUlanguagepack5 which is about 716mb and of course i have my  cabled and switched ELM327 with Extended Forscan.

Does this all sound correct. After reading post on here is there a difference between what i am going to attempt and a paid licence from another website.

Image below of my sync2 version number.

Any help or warning much appreciated.

Many Thanks.

P.s i Have a Purchased  F8 maps on SDcard

IMG_20191214_144111.jpg

• Like 1

@WilB0 you are prepared well pal, just in your case be careful while installing additional packages, to avoid any further errors or problems, please install ONLY the update package 3.10 that you have prepared, PM'd you more details. 

• Like 1

On 12/15/2019 at 12:06 PM, Bannko said:

@WilB0 you are prepared well pal, just in your case be careful while installing additional packages, to avoid any further errors or problems, please install ONLY the update package 3.10 that you have prepared, PM'd you more details. 

On 12/15/2019 at 12:06 PM, Bannko said:

Sorry to bother you. I'm new. I've been searching on how to get navigation on my sync 2. All the roads lead to your name. Is there a possibility that you could send me step by step instructions on how to enable it please. Thanks. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. Is there any chance I can have the full instructions please? Just purchased a 65plate Kuga without Sat Nav. Thanks in advance. @Bannko

• Like 1

Hi @Bannko newbie here ..I was on another site regarding a brake issue and came across a link for the sat nav activation for sync 2  which i was also looking for ...Sorry to be a pain but would it be possible to point me in the right direction for instructions ...Thanks in advance

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. @Bannko My searching has brought me here! Really hoping that there’s a chance you could provide me with information on how to add Sat Nav to my sync2 touch system on my 2015 C-Max. My current version is 3.08 and has information on the top right of the screen. I’m a complete novice so hoping it’s not too difficult. Thanks in advance

• Like 1

Hi @Bannko, I’m another newbie,  I bought a 2016 Kuga Titanium  x (couldn’t believe it did not have sat nav) could you please send me the step by step instructions to add sat nav to the car. Much appreciated in advance.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bannko said:

@Tony C Kuga @APB1981 PM'd you both 😉

Hi @Bannko looking to upgrade my Sync 2 on My FL ST Estate, any chance you could PM me the instructions on how to do so? Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Hi @BannkoI have a 2016 Kuga 2.0 Tit X with sync 2 and wish to enable sat nav I have herd you are the expert on this, your help would be much appreciated 

Thanks in advance Dave

Edited by Catswiska2
  • Like 1

Hi everyone 

Had my kuga a few months now, advertised as sat nav and theres none. 

Was wondering if @Bannko could send me the instructions to update the system

• Like 1

Hi My ford mondeo 2015 navigation was working fine then it come up with insert SD card so i got hold of other one but it still doing the same thing I have checked all the fuses and they are ok any  suggestions 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club