Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Alarm Siren Location

stevesey

Where is it? It's going off randomly and the alarm itself is not triggered (no flashing lights etc) - so suspect the siren unit itself. Can't find the thing - noise suggests RHS windscreen/wing area - but can't find it. 

Ok found it - tucked right up inside the wheel arch liner. Need to remove liner fully, then you can unbolt and disconnect. 2 of the three pins have signs of corrosion (green and white deposits). So that's probably it. Going to leave it out for now - car spends most of it's time on the drive and office car park. Just might use the old crooklock occasionally now. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stevesey said:

Ok found it - tucked right up inside the wheel arch liner. Need to remove liner fully, then you can unbolt and disconnect. 2 of the three pins have signs of corrosion (green and white deposits). So that's probably it. Going to leave it out for now - car spends most of it's time on the drive and office car park. Just might use the old crooklock occasionally now. 

Nice one for updating the thread :thumbsup:.  Too many don't and no one is any the wiser!  

• Like 1

Randomly my MK3.5 alarm started doing this tonight, no indicators flashing or anything. I could even drive the car with the alarm sounding and I have no idea why! ☹️

My key fob wouldn’t deadlock the car which normally means there is a door open, there wasn’t. I opened the bonnet and closed it again, just in case and that seemed to sort it, it hasn’t been opened for days now. I locked the car up and it hasn’t done it since - very puzzling 

Mine started last week - unlocked car, got something out, locked car and siren went off. Had to start car and turn it off after about 30 secs beofre I could locking without soren going off. Git worse during the week.

• 3 years later...

Hi Steve - same problem here with alarm.  Which wheel arch liner was it under?   Offside (drivers side UK)?  Mine sounds like it's under the passenger side but I'm deaf in one ear so...

On 9/7/2022 at 5:35 PM, BigCL said:

Hi Steve - same problem here with alarm.  Which wheel arch liner was it under?   Offside (drivers side UK)?  Mine sounds like it's under the passenger side but I'm deaf in one ear so...

OK so I tried the passenger (nearside) - scraped knuckles and got the liner out - siren is not there.  Can ANYONE tell me where the alarm sounder / siren is on a Focus ESTATE Mk3  please?

What is the problem with the Alarm and why do you need to find the sounder ?

On 9/10/2022 at 11:02 PM, unofix said:

What is the problem with the Alarm and why do you need to find the sounder ?

It is going off and I need it to not go off.

• 2 months later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club