Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brakes

mickter
聽Share

Hi all, I have a 2016 1.5 tdci C-max, a couple of times when slowly approaching a car park barrier the brakes apply and make a horrible noise after the barrier had gone up.

I don`t have front sensors and have checked pads & discs. spoke to Ford but no help.

this has only happened at the same car park , once going in and twice coming out, and nowhere else.and not every time.

Any ideas.Cheers Mick

It sounds like the active city stop, all the facelift Mk3 Focus's have it from 2015 on so I would assume the CMax does as well.聽 The car thinks you're going to hit the barrier so brakes for you.聽 The sensor for this is on the windscreen, it's nothing to do with parking sensors.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have same issue when I'm driving up to our automatic doors at work. So now I don't bother braking. Lol one day it won't work and that could get messy. Or I get in another car without it聽 and forget.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

It sounds like the active city stop, all the facelift Mk3 Focus's have it from 2015 on so I would assume the CMax does as well.聽 The car thinks you're going to hit the barrier so brakes for you.聽 The sensor for this is on the windscreen, it's nothing to do with parking sensors.

My 2018 Grand Cmax Titianium doesnt have city stop.

Thanks all.

didn`t know about city stop,

makes sense cheers

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club