Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dipped beam bulbs 2016 fiesta ecoboost

Mookev

I intend to replace the dipped beam bulbs H7 with upgraded bulbs. They are H7's. Do I need a special type of bulb to avoid discolouration or damage to the headlamp lens please. Also which bulbs have other fiesta owners found to be an improvement? 

37 minutes ago, Mookev said:

I intend to replace the dipped beam bulbs H7 with upgraded bulbs. They are H7's. Do I need a special type of bulb to avoid discolouration or damage to the headlamp lens please. Also which bulbs have other fiesta owners found to be an improvement? 

There’s many things you can do really. 

H7 upgrades within the “original” bulb - you’re looking at Osram Nightbreakers/Cool Blue Intense or Philipps WhiteVision. Basically the top-end products from the better quality producers. Fully legal (unless you choose the off road options), won’t damage the headlamp lens. Hard to say about the improvement but usually, people say it’s a bit better than standard but disappointing regardless. 

Next option is HID or LED upgrades - either of which (depending on interpretation of laws and country you’re in) are theoretically illegal. They do not cause damage to the lens either unless you buy something of weird quality. Usually the main providers tend to be CEUK or Autobeam - many fit these upgrades and are happy. Be careful when choosing the colour temperature as ideally you want the best brightness/whiteness but still not to be blinding other road users. Be wary of the beam pattern too. Usually the CEUK or autobeam upgrades don’t change the beam pattern much if at all but some cheap Chinese alternatives could have a negative impact on the beam pattern. For the biggest change, the HID or LED upgrade is the way to go. To keep things simple and get something a a bit better than standard - the better halogen H7 option is the way to go but just don’t expect miracles to happen :) 

• Like 1

Oh and just to add - there’s tonnes of YouTube videos comparing brands, options etc to help make the final choice. 

• Like 1

beware there are plenty of fake branded lightbulbs out there

• Like 1

Autobeam are okay, but they're just OEM bulbs you can get from Aliexpress for a lot less. I got my dipped beams from Amazon; very decent quality.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07DPN3HB2

I recommend getting these headlamp covers too to protect from dust/moisture: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0725Z62GR 

You want the 75mm diameter ones 🙂

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club