Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vibration / Wobble - 2013 Focus 182

ron130888

When I first got my Focus 182 which has 54k miles, I noticed it had a vibration at motorway speeds. I had all 4 wheels balanced which improved things but didn’t cure the problem 100%.

Then after flooring the car a few weeks back in 1st, 2nd & 3rd gear I’ve noticed other vibrations which I can feel through the steering wheel & accelerator pedal but not all the time and at different speeds.The inconsistency is really bugging me. 

My last car (Clio 197) had a similar issue which turned out to be worn engine mounts.

Is this a common issue with the Focus or any other ideas?

cheers

Ronnie

• 6 months later...

Sorry to bump this topic...

This vibration issue has got slightly worse, to the point now where I can feel vibrations through the steering wheel now at idle and this gets slightly worse when the AC is switched on for example.

I have read other threads which say the engine and gearbox mounts on the MK3's are poor quality but are the symptoms I'm describing consistent with that in your opinion?

I haven't had the time or funds yet to take to a garage to investigate. I was hoping to narrow my options down before I did so.

Any help, opinions or advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ronnie

Get the tyres checked like in this thread, that's what the problem was.

The MOT on the ST I've just bought had an advisory for uneven rear tyres, I could tell driving it (noise and slight feel in the wheel),
Front tracking was off, so I'm assuming the rears were moved from the front where they'd got badly worn.
Once tyres are bad no amount of tracking will solve it, I got 2 new tyres and fixed tracking and now it runs smooth and quiet.

I appreciate your response RAIDER32 but the tires are brand new and wouldn't cause vibrations at idle. Ive had them balanced twice, swapped front to back etc so can only be an engine mount and/or gearbox mount. Wondered if there was one that was more prone to failure than another. 

Will get the car fully checked over with tracking as well when it's in for it's next service.

Sorry I missed the idle part, obviously wouldn't affect a static car lol.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club