Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine management light not coming on

RiverTowy

2006 Connect T220L SWB 1.8 Diesel. No engine management light on when key turned in ignition on starting. Should it light up? All other dials/guages/LEDS work fine.
I have run the cluster self test and the EML does illuninate, so the LED is good.

It has been suggested on another forum, that the problem is probably a processor communication to the CEL fault/malfunction.

I cannot afford to pay £150+ to take it to a Ford garage to be put on a diagnostic tool.

How would I go about getting this investigated? 

• 3 weeks later...

as far as I can see from MOT manual, because it is diesel and pre-2008 you do not need to have the light working for MOT. So if the van drives fine I would not worry about this.  Some MOT testers might not know this. My brother had to point it out on his 2007 diesel fiesta which had the light on. The MOT tester checked and agreed with him that it could not fail on the light as it is diesel pre-2008.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club