Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Removing scratches from chrome strips

tank121

Is there an easy way to remove scratches from the chrome strips on the top of the doors on a 2012 titanium model?

Pic attached.

IMG_20190511_152837.jpg

only polish but looks deep so i dont think so , only replace this part.( I will have set  for sale next week)

I have a scratch on my rear driver side door chrome which wont polish out but a brand new one from ford is £88.

I have my suspicions those trims are clear anodised rather than chrome plated (chrome is a lot brighter) which would make the base metal aluminium.  If they are clear anodised ally you'd just end up going through the coating trying to get the scratches out.  Best case scenario is they are brightly polished s/steel (can look similar) with no coating but I doubt it.  If I had a scrap one in my possession I could easy test it to find out.. 

I've been and am a professional metal finisher for the past 25 years and restore all sorts of car parts including trim, although most of the stuff I deal with is old Citroen DS, Rolls, Bentley, etc.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club