Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 2012 air con not working!

samseb27

Hi everyone,

I am at my wits end trying to figure out why the air conditioning system in the focus isn't working. We initially tried to have it regassed but they said it was already at the correct pressure. I have since changed the high pressure valve to no avail. Interestingly, when I disconnect either the high pressure valve cable or disconnect the AC relay, the condenser fan comes on.

I have since discovered that there is no power going to the relay (I checked the 15A fuse which is fine). Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be wrong? 

The AC light in the car is on and there are no fault codes stored. 

I would very much appreciate anyones thoughts on this! 

Could be the compressor clutch not engaging?

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

19 hours ago, samseb27 said:

Hi everyone,

I am at my wits end trying to figure out why the air conditioning system in the focus isn't working. We initially tried to have it regassed but they said it was already at the correct pressure. I have since changed the high pressure valve to no avail. Interestingly, when I disconnect either the high pressure valve cable or disconnect the AC relay, the condenser fan comes on.

I have since discovered that there is no power going to the relay (I checked the 15A fuse which is fine). Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be wrong? 

The AC light in the car is on and there are no fault codes stored. 

I would very much appreciate anyones thoughts on this! 

I had the same problem on my Focus when I owned it, regassed several times as it only lasted a few months, had leak tests done each time and never found a leak, gave up in the end and it became one of the reasons I got rid. 

Maybe your problem will be something much easier and cheaper good luck.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club