Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Not fit for purpose

MrTKingston

I have the Fiesta St-Line which comes with the inbuilt sat nav. I am on a finance agreement with Ford and have been with them for no longer than 3 months.

The Sync navigation sytem keeps freezing and the inbuilt entertainment screen does the same.

Do I have the right to request these are fixed and if after the first repair they aren’t, am I within my rights to give the car back?

You have a lot of legal protections about defective products until the end of October, as an EU citizen. Since brexit getting canceled doesn't look likely if you're going to raise a fuss about this, do it now while you have rights. 

tl;dr ford should fix a defective part of their product for 2 years after the sale, but this only applies until the end of October. After brexit - assuming it goes ahead - i believe it will be 6 months (for repair or replacement) or 30 days (refund). 

You haven't said what if anything the dealer has done to rectify this. There have been Sync3 software updates in recent months that have fixed this bug for lots of owners including me. If this has been tried it could indicate a hardware (circuit board ) that they should replace.

8 minutes ago, Comares2001 said:

You haven't said what if anything the dealer has done to rectify this. There have been Sync3 software updates in recent months that have fixed this bug for lots of owners including me. If this has been tried it could indicate a hardware (circuit board ) that they should replace.

I haven’t spoken to the dealership as of yet, I just wanted to get a rough idea. I’ve updated to the latest Sync and I am still experiencing this problem. I will aim to speak with them to see if this can be rectified asap, but from hearing others having this issue (including yourself) it may be that I want to give the car back if it’s a repeat occurrence.

29 minutes ago, MrTKingston said:

I haven’t spoken to the dealership as of yet, I just wanted to get a rough idea. I’ve updated to the latest Sync and I am still experiencing this problem. I will aim to speak with them to see if this can be rectified asap, but from hearing others having this issue (including yourself) it may be that I want to give the car back if it’s a repeat occurrence.

If you’re thinking about giving the car back yet haven’t actually spoken to your dealership once about the issue then I think you’re jumping the gun pretty quickly. 

As earlier comments suggest, the software updates that are coming out and have came out are likely to fix the issues you’re having and if not, it’s an issue that is quite clear in that there’s something clearly wrong - which your dealer should be able to address without significant issues.

In the meantime, switch off WiFi, and updates. Then it won't freeze. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club