Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk7.5 - Fitting arm rest - led cup holder lights

OllyN

Hey, so I recently fitted an OEM armrest centre console, and I noticed on one side there is a plug which looks like it powers the LEDs surrounding the cup holders. I could find where this is supposed to it into on my car, so currently have no cup holder LEDs. Not a total deal breaker, but if possible I'd like to get them to work.

Has anyone done this and solved the issue. Or is it not possible due to not having the wire look available?

Thank in advance.

Your car probably wont have the connector as part of the wiring loom to just plug them in. You'll just have to find out whether they're powered on when the headlights come on, or whether its with the ignition and splice into whichever wire it is to make your own wiring loom. You're probably going to have to chop the plug off your new centre console and crimp or solder the wires together.

I fitted a console to my old MK8 ST-line

The console had the led rings where my old 1 didn't but when i swapped consoles the 2 plugs were the same for new and old and when plugged in the leds worked 🙂  no wiring needed

I have done this to my mk7 pre facelift, I added the facelift centre console with the illuminated cup holders to get them working I just tapped into the led lighting I already had in the small cubby hole in front of the gear stick.

• Like 2

Thanks guys, I may look into this, not overly bothered about not having LEDs as my centre console didn't have them anyway. Already prefer the deeper storage, and deeper better quality cup holders.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I just fitted a centre armrest to my 2014 mk7.5 1.6 tdci econetic.

I ordered the armrest from eBay (fiesta mk7 spares) for £45 including postage. Great condition.

When I removed my original centre console (no armrest or LED) I noticed there was a grey connector plug tucked into a slot by the left-side of the gear stick in the passenger footwell. This connected straight onto the new centre console (with armrest and LED) which is probably from a mk7.5 titanium.

The LED will only come on when you go into MENU, VEHICLE SETTINGS, AMBIENT LIGHTING, ON. 

The aux, usb and both 12v sockets worked fine too. Absolutely perfect plug and play swap. If you don't have the grey plug, good luck.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I’m just doing this mod myself this morning 🥶 but can’t find the ambient cup holder cable - strange as I have ambient fitted in my car

ive also added a rear 12v but can’t see another plug to plug it in- could it be buried ?

I’ve found the socket but the small loom is missing to connect it to the actual cup holder - darn 

any ideas where I can get this-

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club