Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk6 Manual to Auto heater panel help need!

Uncle Tommy

I'm going to swap from manual to auto climate control heater panel. I'm showing photo, what I am talking about, and my car is Fiesta 2006 1.4 petrol Freedom, A/C is currently fitted.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Credit someone for the photos since they are not mine.

Since my heater control is fitted manual as standard, and I was curious about what I do or what I need for swapping the heater control.

I was unsure, about a air blower or another heater part may different from manual compared to an auto. What about wires loom that need to match the engine or it does don't matter?

Only, I know the part that I need is; Auto heater control panel and wires loom, and anymore that I forgot something?

I would say it would be a difficult conversion to make, think the dash would have to come out as your current manual controls are mechanical and use cables and rods to physically move your vents, but in auto climate controls it’s electric actuators which change the direction of airflow / heat/cold so you would have to replace your manual controls with the actuators, would be interested to see if it’s possible though

It's a completely different HVAC box behind the dash, plus extra wiring loom and sensors.  It's very time consuming and not an economically viable swap in all honesty.

8 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

It's a completely different HVAC box behind the dash, plus extra wiring loom and sensors.  It's very time consuming and not an economically viable swap in all honesty.

So you saying it not worth to do it? I was planned to swap dashboard to red so I could be doing it at same time

19 hours ago, Fiesta1.25 said:

I would say it would be a difficult conversion to make, think the dash would have to come out as your current manual controls are mechanical and use cables and rods to physically move your vents, but in auto climate controls it’s electric actuators which change the direction of airflow / heat/cold so you would have to replace your manual controls with the actuators, would be interested to see if it’s possible though

Look like, I have to whole vent system swap.

14 hours ago, Uncle Tommy said:

So you saying it not worth to do it? I was planned to swap dashboard to red so I could be doing it at same time

I wouldn't say it's worth it on an old Fiesta personally, you'll never get the cost back when you sell, but if money is no object and you're swapping the dash anyway then you'll be doing half the job there.

Sourcing the heater box may be difficult as there weren't many Mk6's with auto climate from what I've seen.  If you can find a car with it, get the heater box, the dash panel, the wiring loom(s) attached to the heater box, the sun sensor on top of the dash and the interior cabin sensors.  

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club