Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Grant b

Grantb

Mk2 ka 2012 dash lights lit up all the time with no key in ignition , also car won’t turnover . Previously before this problem hazards would operate when power windows used . RAC say bcm module please help thanks G 

I don't know anything about the KA nor where the BCM is. But I can say that on these modern cars with BCM etc just one bad connection on a plug or an earthing point can cause all sorts of odd electrical behaviour when the electricity tries to find another route. 

I was recently working on a car and found that without the key in the ignition the dash lit up when I unscrewed an earth point to clean it up.

Thanks for that will have a go at the earth connections  very helpful tip . Tell you if it works . Ps for your reference  bcm is behind glove box luckily easy to gain access to. 

in case it helps, on the Focus I was working on there were earthing points on the door steps/inner sill- remove plastic trim alongside the door rubber seal. On the passenger side there were three earthing points and on the drivers side two of them (bolts with 10mm head).  I have no idea where they might be on yours as I think your car is Fiat built isn't it?

But it does go to show how these earthing points can be hidden away in a place where you might not suspect them to be.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club