Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2.5 to Mk2.5 ST Spoiler Upgrade

FOXTR0T_O5CAR

Hi all,

I’ve just purchased an ST spoiler for my Mk2.5, upgrading from the stock spoiler.

Seem the guide for replacing it, however I am an utter newbie when it comes to electricals etc. I know that the connectors are different, so how do I go about “splicing cables” and rigging this thing up?

Any pointers / guidance will be most appreciated!!

I had that issue so I just cut off the connector and joined with spade connectors and insulating tape been fine since. Also remember to join up the washer tubes.

• Like 3

Both positive and negative cables on the factory loom are black.

So you will need to get the brake pedal pressed down to activate the brake light; in order to ensure the polarity for wiring.

I would usually ask the girlfriend or wife but mine was annoyed at me for purchasing and turned in to a clam shell; wouldn't do nothing for me,

So I used the head and pipe from the vacuum cleaner to act as a foot on the brake pedal; jammed it against the front seat; worked well for finding the correct polarity on the brake.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Thanks both,

Appreciate the advice!! 

Will give it a go once I’ve done a bit of work on it 😁

• Like 2

Could you let me know how you get on please? I'm looking at a spoiler with no electrical clue on how to fit it etc, thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club