Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta - front parking sensors going off spuriously

Terry Parrott

Ever since I've had my Vignale from new in Feb this year the Front Parking Sensors have been going of randomly/spuriously and it's been driving me mad. Just picked my car up from the dealer, who tells me that Ford UK has issued a bulletin that the number plate frames which the dealers fit so they get some advertising can sometimes set off the Front Parking Sensors.

Why dealers are not acting on the bulletin and why I have to waste hours putting the car into the dealer to have a dealer inflicted issue is maddening.

Grrrrr!

On my previous car I fitted a new honeycomb grill that had the same effect.  I found that it was noticeably worse when there was water accumulating near the sensor as well so took to drying it when I could to minimise them going off randomly.  I don't know if that might help or not, but I hope they sort it for you one way or another!

I'm a great fan of parking sensors and have always found the rears to be very effective. But for some reason I've had similar problems to Terry with front sensors on the 3 cars I've had with them, and in no case was any particular fault found, though as Dan suggests the front sensors may be more vulnerable to dirt/moisture/debris/insect squash etc. So I shall just stick with rears in future, unless they come as standard and I've no choice.

I'm the same as you in that I'm just sticking with the rears unless fronts come FOC.  I can generally judge the front easier than the back and never need to get super close to anything, and when I do I generally reverse up to it anyway and use the sensors/camera to get nice and close.  :)

• Like 1

Yes, first car I've had with a camera (seemed silly not to when at the time I ordered I think it was around £200 sensors only or £250 for both) and I've found it more useful and less of a gimmick than I expected. Trouble is, once you get used to these things it's hard to do without! 

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Yes, first car I've had with a camera (seemed silly not to when at the time I ordered I think it was around £200 sensors only or £250 for both) and I've found it more useful and less of a gimmick than I expected. Trouble is, once you get used to these things it's hard to do without! 

That’s the problem I’ve started to notice, when I get into a car without a camera, I feel lost - hard to judge where the back of the car is as well when you haven’t had to care all that much having a camera

which fuses are the heated windscreen ????abd3bb4646ea13c9f85ec03b695a26c8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club